Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sunday's finds

Hey Chris, what county is your place in? Do they have the little nipple at the end?

sandman
Sure would like to know where that rock came from, it is not one that I have ever seen around these parts.

If that rock was mine I would grind a small flat on it to look inside. Does that red run right through ?
If just an external coating, how did it survive weathering or creek tumbling?
IF it can be proven to be limestone, it might be a unique cave stone ( formed in a cave environment with
dripping water. )
Mother nature did some amazing things with mud before it became limestone.

If it's the same feature as Chris is reporting, he ought to smack a few of them open and see what the entire inside might look like. The "black" he notes might be weathered hemitite (iron) that can be a very dark rust / near black.

It has a 1/4" chip in it on one side and it is red.

Maybe Chris can take pic of the ones on his ranch?

Thanks!

sorry... i was at the ranch this weekend!.. i'm in fayette county!

let me see if i have some..... i'm going to try and post this rock ..to me.. it looks like a petrified dog print.... maybe not petrified but a dog print in a rock~.. how bout that....let me see what i can find.