Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: JUNO, , , , ,Sunday 4 - 7

travis mcgaughey
wow! very good finds. looks successful. wish i'd been there. or, wish i could have been there. thanks for update and photos Hal. very cool. that langtry thing and possible toyah are really neat. looks dusty and dry there

My thought's as well!! Looks like there was alot activities around the big boulder! That is the 3rd or 4th piece made from the Zebra flint.

I didn't know Kerville knifes were found that far West?

Pooter
I didn't know Kerville knifes were found that far West?

Back to Dr Hesters' new edition again,,very good description including range.
Other than the shaded range limits, Amistad Resevoir is specifically noted and that is less than 30 miles due south of the Juno site.
That I know of, 5 KK's ( 1 of my own ) have been found at the Juno dig, could be more not reported.

Trav...Dusty & dry is certainly a way of life at the site. What pics cant properly convey is that a strong wind compounds the effect immensely...
Imagine having a Bobcat bucket load of black talcum powder, lift it up and drop it from a height....with the wind blowing sideways
After a dig, most people wash off in the river, thats why is looks so murky downstream.

Sandy, Probably due to the soil composition, ALL pieces of flint is found with a coating of dirt ( not scale ) that removes easily with water...ZERO pieces ever tumble out with any flash of color. Almost all the flint has some sort of good SW Tx variety...When a happens along it's a bonus.

the good thing about talcom poweder is that it sifts nicely