Return to Website

Sponsor to Sponsor Recovery Forum

Welcome to our recovery family.  Please join us and post a message to our community often.

Sponsor to Sponsor Recovery Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: COMMENTS ON MY ARTICLES

The ones at my home group are all from outerspace and don't speak english

Re: Um.....

...Sooo this is one of those "Recovery" forums I've heard so much about. Where to begin? First off I love it when folks play fast and loose with "AA HISTORY" and McStatistics. Am I to believe that we are supposed to disregard the hard learned lessons that where taught through the years in AA just so that we can be manipulated into "accepting the lord jesus christ as our personal savior"? Should we go back to putting newcomers on a strict diet of sourkrout and Kayo syrup, ala Dr. Bob as well? How about giving unqualified medical and psychological advise so we can start waking up to suicides in our kitchens again? My point is that along with the debt we owe our founders we also owe AA the respect to grow and evolve through the traditions that were set in place to keep AA available to all. I really don't understand the neccessaty for those who have found relief in organised religeon to drag their pulpits into AA, isn't there enough room for that outside the fellowship? Why is it neccessary to disrespect other spiritual beliefs in AA just to make ya'll feel superior to the infidells you hope to convert? But hey live and let live....as long as it doesn't effect AA as a whole. Unfortunatly there are those (Back to Basics, ie; The faith with works company) who don't respect the simple traditions AA has set in place to (for one thing) protect itself from becoming a RELIGION. If they speak the truth then why do they decieve with untruths and misleading stats? That bit about the 85% recovery rate back in the day, it's a nonsense stat and anybody who has half a brain knows it. To compare todays AA participants to those of 50-60 years ago is deliberatly misleading. Back then Rehabs,courts and a much more general Knoewledge that the program even exhists, weren't flooding AA with folks who might not be serious or appropriate for AA suggested steps of recovery, the B2B folks have got to be aware of that. So why do they continue to deliberatly mislead? Because they have an AGENDA, they have to make others think and act as they do lest their egotistical "COMPETATIVE SALVATION" lose it's glow of superiority. But take heart AA, the kooks tried this stuff in Arkansas back in the 40s too,AA survived that assault and if it be Gods Will we'll survive this latest christian jihad as well. ps. for those of ya'll who might reply I am aware that my spelling stinks.

US AIR LINES

Interesting Site!! Its wonderful to get through your site, have look on this Airlines Site
Airlines> Review |
Northwest Airline Review | Northwest Airline Reservation Review

| Northwest Airline Flights Review | Spirit Airlines Review |Spirit Airlines Schedule Review | Southwest Airlines Review | Southwest Airlines Fares Review | Southwest Airlines Airfares Review

|Southwest Airlines

Reservations Review | Southwest

Airlines Tickets Review | United Airlines Review | United Airlines Reservations Review |United Airlines Flight Review | United Airlines Schedule Review |Northwest Airlines Review | Northwest Airlines Flights Review | Northwest Airlines Reservation

Review | US Airways Review | US Airways Express Review | US Airways Center Review | Delta Airlines Review | Delta Airlines Reservation Review | Delta Airlines Flights Review

Re: COMMENTS ON MY ARTICLES

Hey Montyman, long time no chat. Just happened back into this site editing my favs. I see the anti-Christian rant is still going on. Pity.
If not for my Lord and Savior I would not be here today with over 6 years without foul substances ruinng my mind/body/spirit.
Earlier someone mentioned 'McStatistics" well, here's a few to chew on. Secular recovery groups boast about a 10% recovery rate, you know the one in ten thing. Well, there has been a burst of growth in Christian 12 step recovery groups, guess what, 80% success rate.
Let's do a comparison here: Secular-10% Christian-80%. hmmmmmmmmm Seems like there is a True Higher Power at work here, could it be Jesus??????? Think so, no, I know so.
As for all you non believers out there, it's o.k. took me a while to come around the the Real HP.

May God Bless you all.

James Mc
p.s what ever happened to the regular mailings I used to get? How do I get them back?