CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM

Use this message board to communicate with fellow Casa Ybel owners!
Please do not list weeks for sale or rent on this board.
Use the website database for listing purposes.

CASA YBEL OWNER'S FORUM
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Anonymous Posting
I would like to remind everyone that you are asked to identify yourselves by including your name and email address when posting to this bulletin board. Failure to do so violates the spirit in which this service is provided. Thank you.
Views: 2780   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 5, 2013 2:02am
by Paul Greek
ARE YOU USING THE WISH LIST?????
The "wish list" works three ways: * buyers are asking for weeks to buy from you, * owners to exchange with you, and * renters looking for rentals from you. There might be someone wishing to buy or rent from you------------- Give it a try, click 6t...
Views: 3215   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 20, 2008 10:09am
by Carl J Appelberg
Re: Complaints by Lynn
Tom's right-on message in answer to Lynn Perkin's unjustified attack on Carl came as I was preparing an answer to her message where she certainly displayed a change-of-tune from the one she sang on April 5, 2006, when she was seeking the support of Carl and those ow...
Views: 765   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 16, 2016 4:36pm
by Robin
This website is dead, why?
Nobody is responding to this website for months! Is everyone totally satified with the resort? I hope so!! Your Board of Directors have done their best to comply with the complaints and concerns of interested owners, some of which I personally disagree with (i...
Views: 643   Replies: 37
Last Post: Feb 16, 2016 3:01pm
by Robin
b
Bes
Furnishings/conditions IJK
How is the decor/quality of furnishings on IJK? Have they been recently updated? Anyone willing to share a pic? We are considering renting for a week but can't find any recent photos from the actual units. Thanks!!!!!
Views: 736   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 12, 2015 7:44pm
by Bes
recent visit
Just got back from two weeks at Casa! It was great as usual. The grounds were in great shape some units have been redone and look great. WE EVEN GOT CHECKED AT THE POOL AND THEY TOLD SOME PEOPLE TO LEAVE. It was good to see them doing their job. Had a great time We l...
Views: 523   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 12, 2015 9:14am
by Bob Wehmueller
Owners Forum No Longer Active
Does anyone besides me, when longing into this site, see the message Owners Forum No Longer Active---if I get replies it is obviously a false statement.
Views: 560   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 4, 2015 9:13am
by Bob Wehmueller
trees
I AM OWNER OF UNIT IN F BLDG. BEEN COMING DOWN TO CASAYBEL SINCE THE 80'S. THIS YEAR NOT ONLY WAS I DISAPPOINTED IN THE SELECTION OF FURNITURE IN THE UNIT, BUT ALSO THE VIEW HAS BEEN OBSCURED BY THE TREE [SORRY NOT SURE OF THE NAME] THAT HAS OVERGROWN BLOCKING THE BE...
Views: 565   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 7, 2015 5:52pm
by owner
SALE OF UNIT - PAPERWORK???
I have my unit under agreement to sell, and I don't know how to proceed from here. Any suggestions? I saw information about a Quit Claim Deed, but that doesn't warranty the property. Also - are fees pro-rated when owner sells? I would prefer not to use an attorne...
Views: 596   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 8, 2015 5:46am
by Rich Zylka
elevators
Just returned from Sanibel and noticed that Sanibel Beach Club II, Sanibel and the Plantation Resort, Capitiva are installing elevators to the entrance decks on second and third floors. Spioke to the receptionist at Sanibel Beach Club II and got a little informatio...
Views: 673   Replies: 27
Last Post: Nov 2, 2014 5:26am
by owner
t
Tom
So called service dog at pool
I was at the pool today and a guest of an owner brought her little Yorkie to the pool. The dog sat on the side of the pool- got wet and then floated on a raft in the pool. When she was questioned by the young towel attendant she claimed her dog was a service dog and...
Views: 1202   Replies: 18
Last Post: Nov 1, 2014 5:01pm
by Paul Greek
SMOKING IN UNITS
Quote from Trip Advisor on web: "It's hard to decide which side of the fence to jump off of with regard to this hotel. It has a gorgeous location, and theoretically it should be ideal for a peaceful get away. However, even though you may be located in a building des...
Views: 376   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 26, 2014 7:48pm
by Jennifer G
Download Microsoft Access 2010 Mac
Download Microsoft Access 2010 Mac > http://urlin.us/0ftiw Download Microsoft Access 2010 Mac, Rainbow Six-3 R.S Game PC By Rabbaoss Khan.part1.rar 97ffa81d91 download google earth 2013 for windows 7 ultimat...
Views: 397   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 22, 2014 12:11am
by Paul Greek
interlopers
The boards of FGH and IJK have approved hiring a security guard to be stationed at the beach access between I building and H building for the three day 4th of July weekend. This guard will keep a record of the interloper traffic. He will turn away anyone who does not...
Views: 943   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 13, 2014 3:36pm
by Terry Williams
week 34
Hi! We own week 34 and are looking to rent an additional unit during that week for extended family this year.
Views: 403   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 30, 2014 8:44am
by maryanne
pool
well, iI just got back from a wonderful ten days at Casa. couldn't you just love that place!! Everything was great except for the front desk. There was a large group of people at and in the pool drinking from bottles cups and glasses. they were in the pool with all o...
Views: 456   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 11, 2014 6:50pm
by Mako Mike
Swap Week 21 for 24
All, I am looking to swap week 21 for 24. Thanks,
Views: 246   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 26, 2014 2:40pm
by Carl Appelberg
No See Ums
I see alot of comments about our most unpopular noseeums. They are terrible and always seems to find me first, leaving horrible welts. As a local who grew up here, I'm sad to say they are year round, coming and going with the change of the breeze. We've had wonder...
Views: 386   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 29, 2014 9:26pm
by Lynn L Perkins
2014 Dues
Anyone else upset and dismayed over the 2014 Association Dues, Real Estate Taxes and Reserve Fee? Outrageous!
Views: 588   Replies: 13
Last Post: Mar 11, 2014 5:46pm
by owner
paradise
looking forward to our annual trip to casa ybel(paradise) Just wondering from those that have been there resently whats new on the island. any new resturants or shopping? I haven't heard anything on red tide. Has anybody been having much luck surf fishing??3akp
Views: 304   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 10, 2014 8:07am
by gary kaefer
o
Owner
Sanibel Music Video
Thirty-three years after Denny Sarokin wrote 'Sanibel,' and nearly 15 years since Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young recorded it, Sarokin is made his first trip here. ‪‎Sanibel‬ Music Video shot at Casa Ybel Resort Copy the link here: http://www.youtub...
Views: 375   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 30, 2014 6:50pm
by Bob Wehmueller
Casa Ybel
Just got back from our week at Casa Ybel. Love the new furniture, even though it was not all in the units yet, hated the large population of no seem's this year! The new barbecue grills look great, but we did not get time to try them out. Lots of weddings on the beac...
Views: 410   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 28, 2014 9:23am
by Karen Erickson
Cheap Furnishings in FGH
I was shocked when I walked into my unit and saw the new furnishings. I'm an original owner, having purchased from a shell in 1979. The decor by the original developer Mariner Properties, was outstanding. It seems to have gone steadily downhill ever since. I could n...
Views: 703   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 25, 2014 5:34pm
by Kevin Edwards
e
Erik
Hot Tub Use / Abuse By Children
As a many year owner, I am looking forward to vacation this year at Casa Ybel. But I must say, as others have mentioned, the Hot Tub every year remains a terrible issue. It is disgusting. Each year there have been children, really young children, I believe...
Views: 452   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 24, 2014 4:29pm
by Erik
The real issue on 2014 Dues is the 60% increase in Reserve Contribution
I'm owner of FHG Week 26 and have been an owner since pre-construction in 1979. I, like most of you, have noticed the 60% increase in reserve contribution for 2014. You may wonder why my % differs from what others have said. When looking a at multiple line ite...
Views: 465   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 7, 2014 5:38pm
by Bob Wehmueller
Will Definitely Be Back!
This was a first time on Sanibel Island and at Casa Ybel. We were celebrating our 31st Wedding Anniversary. All of the staff and I mean ALL were super friendly. The first staff was the front desk and reservations. They accommodated our request for a king bed instead...
Views: 381   Replies: 9
Last Post: Nov 20, 2013 11:42am
by Denise Sleeper
Carl Appelberg
So although at times Carl would drive me crazy with his long rambling posts, does anyone if he is okay? He has not been on "His" site for a long long time hopefully he is doing well.
Views: 395   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 15, 2013 6:45pm
by Carl J Appelberg
Repairs for 2014
My understanding is that the cabinets and title may be the upcoming renovations for maintenance weeks in 2014. Any idea?? I know this will be a LOUD renovation so we would like to prepare. Also, does anyone know which buildings are renovated during which specific...
Views: 514   Replies: 14
Last Post: Nov 15, 2013 3:25am
by Paul Greek
HD TV
It's great to hear that refurnishing is happening in 2013. Do we finally have HD quality TV?
Views: 374   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 13, 2013 6:54am
by Concerned Interv...
Grocery Delivery - We stock your kitchen before you arrive!
Traveling to Sanibel for some R & R? Let us stock your kitchen before you arrive! Fort Myers Daily Bread Grocery Service can shop and deliver your groceries before you arrive, so the first thing you'll do when you get here is go to the beach (not the grocery store)...
Views: 324   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 11, 2013 5:02pm
by Tom
s
Steve
Meaning full dialogue
We are owners for weeks 39 and 40 and would appreciate information regarding the affect of the fresh water dump on the Sanibel beach. Secondly, how are the "noseeums"? Would like to feed the interlopers to the bugs! Steve Whittaker
Views: 390   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 9, 2013 2:06am
by George C. Earl
Love this place!
“Love this place!” Stayed here last week and this by far is the best place we have ever stayed. Stayed in a one bedroom unit which was more than enough space for two people. Bedroom was the first room as you enter the unit with the bathroom being next....
Views: 257   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 4, 2013 10:27am
by Paul Greek
Interlopers
We reported a family, around 10-15 people, who ate at the pool bar and then changed into their suits in the restrooms and swam. We told the guy at the towel rental and he then proceeded to ask them to leave and pointed out that we were the one who reported them. It...
Views: 738   Replies: 46
Last Post: Sep 26, 2013 2:46pm
by William D.
water condition
With the fresh water release, what is the gulf conditions at CasaYbel?
Views: 319   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 29, 2013 2:09pm
by "the kid"
Paradise at Casa Ybel
We stayed at Casa Ybel for a week in 2013 for our first time! It was an absolute paradise! The rooms are spacious, and have a gorgeous view of the Gulf of Mexico! The ocean blue water, shelling, and white sand are incredible! We enjoyed dinner at the award winning Th...
Views: 258   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 17, 2013 9:52am
by Paul Greek
Want to be married at Casa Ybel
My fiance wants to be married in a private ceremony on Sanibel island at Casa Ybel.If anyone could help me find a unit available Apr.13-20,2014 it would be greatly appreciated.You can contact me at danmagnuson65@yahoo.com or 716-487-6594.Hope you have a beautiful day!
Views: 182   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 4, 2013 9:08am
by Daniel Magnuson
Few to no step unit for week 1 (Jan) 2014 Casa Ybel
I own week 1(one)@ 224F (top floor) and want to bring my 90 year old Mother for the week...she can walk well but 4-5 flts of steeps is a NO GO. Help me bring her back to the ocean she loves so much and to Paradise/Casa Ybel for any/all of the days of week one...if yo...
Views: 363   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 11, 2013 10:17pm
by Lynn L Perkins
New President at FGH
Last year, I informed our Board Members that I would like to serve as President of FGH until my term as Director expired in 2014, since then my wife's health has worsened greatly and I need to focus on her well being. We do have very good support from 3 ladies, who...
Views: 340   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 4, 2013 2:42am
by Paul Greek
a
Alex
Wireless Internet at Casa Ybel
Has anyone else noticed how slow the wireless Internet is here at Casa Ybel now? It used to be 3Mb/s with about 50ms average latency. Now I'm seeing 1Mb/s to 1.5Mb/s with 75-150ms average latency and packet loss. What this translates to is a pretty bad Internet ex...
Views: 540   Replies: 25
Last Post: Jun 4, 2013 2:36am
by Paul Greek
c
Cheryl
Condo inventory
I have unit 183-H during week 19...have not been down to Casa Ybel in years and plan on making that trip this year. I do not remember what is and what is not supplied as far as inventory - do they supply things like soap, dish suds, paper towels, toilet paper, alum...
Views: 465   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 23, 2013 6:54pm
by Lynn L Perkins
want to buy week #52 (unit 154F or near)
Wish to purchase Week #52 of Unit 154F or 152F or near. I own Week #1 of 154F Don Kaesser 515-240-7997
Views: 237   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 20, 2013 1:01pm
by Donald Kaesser-S...
great vacation!!
just had 10 days in paradise.great weather.the resort has never looked better, and we have been there for 17 years.my girls complained about the internet, and it was pretty pathetic,but they did not "need" it. i'm confident it will get better!!!can't wait until my ne...
Views: 239   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 1, 2013 10:00am
by gary kaefer
Status of Thefts at Casa yBel?
Has this issue been resolved?
Views: 460   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 29, 2013 3:36pm
by Carl J Appelberg
Changing our deed
After 30+ years, we are wanting to make a change in the ownership of our timeshare unit. Does anyone know the process for doing this? Thanks!
Views: 354   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 29, 2013 3:01pm
by Carl J Appelberg
annual Meeting F G H
Can one of our owners who attended the annual meeting yesterday give us a summary of the proceedings? We need a volunteer in our group to give us some highlights, you might be the one to try it out. Who are our new and old board members? Any new features at Casa...
Views: 242   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 24, 2013 3:05pm
by Carl J Appelberg
Due to heavy email traffic please assist my mailbox as follows:
When contacting me regarding our owners own web site www.casaybel.com please ad as Subject: Casa Ybel Matters It will speed up your mail to the front in my incoming mail box. I do apologize for the delays lately, so it will assist both sender and myself. Junk...
Views: 241   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 17, 2013 10:15am
by Carl J Appelberg
Elevators, what about 1 at middle of F, G, and H each?
We now have our third generation enjoying their youth at Casa Ybel. WE oldies are starting to think about how nice it would be to introduce the newest in living? Not an elevator for your Car garage, like someone I heard off, but getting it easy to move suitcases u...
Views: 602   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 23, 2013 9:34pm
by Lynn L Perkins
$25,000 Reward by Sanibel Police: "To catch a Thief"
NBC News (NBC-2)had a lead story from Sanibel Island today Jan 15th with a news reporter and cameraman showing a beautiful sunny morning on the Island beach. They featured several units facing the beach and some door locks close up, not damaged, just left open! The...
Views: 487   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 15, 2013 6:53am
by Hugh McGowan
Annual Meeting
Dear Owners: The 2013 annual meeting is coming up on April 23, I hope that we will have more than a few owners who will take the time to come and participate. I read all of the minutes of the owner's coffee and note the frequent comments over and above the dust...
Views: 320   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 9, 2013 10:37am
by George C. Earl
d
Donna
Posted a trade request on the wish list: want week 20 have 23 or 24 to trade
Recently filled our a formal request on the wish list but thought I would post here as well. Due to work obligations, I need to vacation during week 20 or even 21. I have G205 during weeks 23 or 24 that I can trade. Thought of vacationing elsewhere but after looking...
Views: 171   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 2, 2013 12:11pm
by Donna
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Free Forum powered by Bravenet