Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Week-end Digging
Who's diggin' where, this week-end??? Anybody gonna be near Waco???
Views: 665   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 8, 2012 7:54am
by Heather Payne
work in progres
got my avatar back dam that was hard work got to rest
Views: 477   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 8, 2012 3:59am
by sod buster
just thinking out loud!!
OK, Most archaic camps were located close to springs and smaller creeks and not as many are directly on major rivers? If this is true, would the paleo camps be located in the same areas? I understand there are not as many paleo camps as archaic, and it seems a ca...
Views: 484   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 6, 2012 6:43pm
by sandman
Floresville, TX dig?
I keep hearing rumores that a new pay dig in Floresville, TX is opening. Anyone know anything about it? thanks Bullet
Views: 530   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 6, 2012 11:41am
by GeeTen
g
Greg
Ya'll haven't seen anything like this Arkansas find!!! Part 2 / Reply to Hoax
Hope this works http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n612/runningbear2/HNI_0089.jpg http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n612/runningbear2/HNI_0088.jpg http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n612/runningbear2/HNI_0087.jpg http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n612/runningbe...
Views: 856   Replies: 23
Last Post: Jan 6, 2012 7:08am
by Greg
Show your finds for 2011 !!
Well it to wet to dig and thought I would post some pic of some flint!! These were all found at one site except the Friday blade.
Views: 1173   Replies: 22
Last Post: Jan 6, 2012 4:39am
by SH
Monday dig starr ranch
Nothing great but it was nice to get out.
Views: 612   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 6, 2012 4:19am
by SH
s
SH
END OF '11 START OF '12 FINDS
last dig of 2011 at the Starr... Richard 1 & Richard 2's goodies ( they had to stop digging due no more room in the flint container ) That blade needed two to hold it properly. Richard 1 on the left. Nice skyshot of Marc's hand... Thats a beautifu...
Views: 652   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 5, 2012 4:41am
by SH
Last day of 2011 andice texas dig
Having a good day so far in the darl midden. The old pic insitu Will post more if we find some
Views: 615   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 5, 2012 1:03am
by GeeTen
g
Greg
Ya'll haven't seen anything like this Arkansas find!!!
My brother found this in a cave on our land. Oh no, I don't see away to attach pic. This isn't one of those sites where you only have a place like photobucket as choice for putting pics on here is it? Not that there is anything wrong with that it's just I'd rather up...
Views: 529   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 4, 2012 10:44pm
by Greg
Museum recomendations
Anyone have any recomendations on a museum that would take a early man artifact collection? The owner wants to donate his collection to a museum after passes away. He prefers a museum in the Dallas or Houston area. Thanks in advance for the help!
Views: 485   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 4, 2012 9:12am
by JHW
s
SH
BACK STORY ON " 2011 FINDS "
INDEX; > All the 'two' is from Chrisners > All the 'zero' AND the right hand edge Starr Ranch ..( first dig here August 29, 11 ) > Both 'ones' are drywash area > Under the 2 = Rolands > Under the 0 = Cantwells > Top row, all sorts of larg...
Views: 547   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 4, 2012 6:47am
by SH
Great Start To A New Year 1/1/12
A great way to start off the new year.Found these on 1/1/12.
Views: 458   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 4, 2012 6:30am
by SH
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR VERY OWN HAL !!!!!!!!!! 12-21-2011
HAPPY BIRTHDAY HAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Views: 500   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 3, 2012 8:42am
by Travis L. (#2)
s
SH
BEST POINT FIND OF THE WHOLE YEAR
A travis It's going to be a great year
Views: 506   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 3, 2012 8:32am
by travis mcgaughey
s
SH
KOOL KRITTER KHRISTMAS
For a Badger, Scrat and a Spyder Notice the elaborate diggers Christmas tree among the goodies Unrestrained joy time Restrained joy !... At the bottom of her "letter to Santa list" Badger had penned ..." NO DIGGING TOOLS OR PICTURES" Too...
Views: 480   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 1, 2012 6:23am
by SH
c
Cole
Incised stone found at Chrisner's yesterday.
We had a good day at the ranch yesterday and found a few good finds. My sister found this walking one of the creeks. It's got a grove on both sides and looks like it was heat treated. I think it's a shaft straightener. Any thoughts ?
Views: 660   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 1, 2012 6:18am
by SH
s
SH
HOLLIDAY SHOPPING AT THE STARR MALL
Texas christmas tree decorations Frensied shoppers looking for goodies ( There are 3 in this area, look hard ! ) A happy shopper Snoops' specialty is insitu shopping Starr Ranch raindear were curious about the festivities Little...
Views: 529   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 30, 2011 4:52am
by SH
s
SH
STILL AT LEAST ONE LEFT
Even with hunters on the Starr ranch this one was still standing as I drove out... Now dash away,,,dash away,,,,dash away all
Views: 481   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 29, 2011 2:46pm
by travis mcgaughey
g
GeeTen
Digging Finds from December
Burnet County 12-17-11 Burnet County 12-18-11 Burnet County 12-21 & 12-22-11 Hopefully I can spend New Year's digging too! Nothing like starting off the year with a few nice points!
Views: 506   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 28, 2011 7:35am
by Heather Payne
s
SH
4 TRAVIS 1
Are you posting this year or me
Views: 831   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 27, 2011 3:12pm
by travis mcgaughey
Happy Holidays!
Wishing all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!
Views: 373   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 26, 2011 5:01am
by SH
e
Erik
I had to do it.
http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa386/arrowheads10/DSCN3814-2.jpg
Views: 488   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 26, 2011 4:53am
by SH
What Points Are Rare?
Many years ago I found a Barber point and in the same area two other points that I thought were Paleo but was told they're fluted Kinney's. Both have basal grinding. The Barber, I've been told, is a rare point. So question is, of all the Tx. points, which ones a...
Views: 2168   Replies: 43
Last Post: Dec 25, 2011 11:24am
by Tehuacana
s
SH
12-21-2011, BAD NEWS & GOOD NEWS
The bad news is that diggers today will have the shortest amount of digging daylight of the year The good news is that starting tomorrow, digging days will get L O N G E R by about 1.8 minutes each day until June N.B. This natural phenomenon should have li...
Views: 563   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 25, 2011 7:48am
by SH
g
GeeTen
Dig around Floresville?
I had talked to a guy a few months back and he made mention that a gentleman around Floresville may be opening a pay dig. Does anyone have info on this or has anyone heard of it? I can no longer contact the guy that gave me the info so I am kind of dead in the water....
Views: 456   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 24, 2011 8:43pm
by gman
Fredricksburg dig
Anyone know more about the fredricksburg dig. Phone number or email
Views: 588   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 22, 2011 6:28am
by SH
HB
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! HAL
Views: 366   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 22, 2011 6:17am
by SH
s
Snoop
Mystery Point????Maybe the new Austin?
at first glance just you average perd huh...Well not so fast either side has been beveled.
Views: 851   Replies: 16
Last Post: Dec 21, 2011 6:11am
by pat kinyon
b
Brio
Couple of past finds that Dr. Gomer fixed
Found these 2 blades earlier this yr at TJ Jennings dig site in Vanderpool. The distal tips of the blades were missing and I really liked how well they were made so off to Dr. Gomer they went. I cant even tell where they were broken, he did an amazing job! I highl...
Views: 454   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 21, 2011 4:15am
by SH
Merry Christmas - NEW VIDEO for Christmas!!!!!! CLICK IN HERE!
.. CLICK HERE ! MERRY CHRISTMAS YALL ! .
Views: 324   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 20, 2011 4:50pm
by Cliff Ashbaugh
Badger
http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/event/article/id/60027/publisher_ID/4/
Views: 406   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 20, 2011 5:22am
by SH
r
REDMAN
Hafted Cornertang Blade
Well now, its a bit too wet to dig so I have been going through some blades. The wrought iron sickle was dug up here sometime back and looking at it always makes me think about cornertangs and what they were used for. Over the years I have heard several plausible...
Views: 838   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 20, 2011 5:11am
by SH
Holiday schedule Starr Ranch
We will be open every day except Christmas day until Jan 2nd. So drop me a note or call! Thanks Craig
Views: 434   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 19, 2011 8:05am
by Craig Hiles
f
Fred
Best place to go diggin or screenin?
It has been a while since I've been out hunting. I might be able to get out soon and would want to go where I have the best shot at finding something good. Nacho isn't digging right now, FRL is closed for hunting season, any suggestions?
Views: 534   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 19, 2011 5:33am
by SH
s
sod
tang tool
swess multy tang tool thout you knew !!!the great and all powerfull sod has spocken!!!!
Views: 404   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 18, 2011 4:57am
by SH
Corner tang theory
I've been watching this site from time to time after recently hearing about it through the small Texas diggin' scene. (by that I mean network, ie. Duane Rogers, Bob Mc Williams, Bill Arnold, Nacho, Randy, Frio Landing, Temple/Boerne shows, etc.) I have been a huntin...
Views: 1798   Replies: 27
Last Post: Dec 18, 2011 2:22am
by sod
Points and Mud
http://youtu.be/ewGXdltYC-E
Views: 695   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 17, 2011 6:00am
by SH
San Saba and Shumla
Found these a few years back on the same creek that I've found many points. The San Saba and Shumla are the only two that I've found down in this area. The San Saba has a pretty bad hinge fracture. That poor Indian must have chewed one too many mesquite beans.
Views: 493   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 17, 2011 5:38am
by SH
Book Signing
I got an email from Dr. Hester and he, Sue Ellen Turner, and Richard McReynolds will be there to sign his latest edition. It's Wednesday, Dec. 14 from 5:00 PM to 7:00 PM @ the Liberty Bar, 1111 South Liberty Street in San Antonio. Just in case anyone is interested...
Views: 524   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 15, 2011 8:05am
by Tehuacana
My First!!!
I finally found my first point!!!!! Found it at Christner's, on the surface right behind my tire, yesterday!!! Would love to get some ideas on what the little bugger is. Thank you, Great Spirit in the Sky, and thank you Diggler, for your formal lessons!!!
Views: 668   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 14, 2011 9:21am
by eric
s
SH
NACHO - DAY 3of 3
Moved back to the old church site....every bodys' got enough bird points. ( REALLY enough ! ) Remember that great old dead tree ?? Here's Terry - Al and Trish ....ALL Arizonians ( their probably talking immigration not flint ) Best pic I could get of A...
Views: 1503   Replies: 12
Last Post: Dec 14, 2011 8:13am
by dillo time
r
rgs
A early Merry Christmas
Going to get hectic down the stretch here, so I wanted to go ahead & wish everyone a very merry Christmas, may you all travel safe, enjoy your loved ones, and be blessed! All I want for Christmas is one more grey ghost, and some silver coins!
Views: 451   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 14, 2011 6:35am
by SH
Tailgate Showin...kinda...
Wanted to share some pictures of some finds that occured this last monday at Craig Hile's Ranch. Found some things diggin, beleive we moved some dirt to find some, but also found some surface stuff! Enjoy, Ken
Views: 380   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 14, 2011 6:22am
by SH
s
SH
SH0VELING AT C3
Spyder & Goldie hoping Badger is going to shovel out the dog biscuits ...Hah Good day on the hill though .. People biscuits
Views: 520   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 14, 2011 5:52am
by SH
A point from the weekend
Had a firt timer out to our site in Andice Tx, found his first arrowhead. Im a little on the fence with an id, maybe marshal or marcos.
Views: 451   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 14, 2011 5:36am
by SH
last few days
Was able to get out a few hours in the last couple of days. A small rubbing stone, it amazes me at the amount of grinding/rubbing stonetools found. What the heck was they rubbing or grinding!! And a nice flake knife, the 1st pic shows the edge fla...
Views: 550   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 14, 2011 5:27am
by SH
i
Idahoe
Idaho Finds !
Not a bad day. No snow yet and the creeks are nice and dry. The left broke is Obsidian and likely a Shoshone arrow point. The scraper and drill are basalt and very very old. The turtle back was used for sharpening and it also a nice artifact. The Basalt drill...
Views: 408   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 13, 2011 5:40am
by SH
s
SH
4 PATRICK
Congratulations again Pat, thats a beautiful full page presentation of a wonderful point. G.I.R.S....PREHISTORIC AMERICAN (# 4 2011 )
Views: 485   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 9, 2011 4:25pm
by Patrick grass
g
GeeTen
A Starr-ific Monday!
Went to Starr Monday for a full day of digging. When I arrived just a few of the locals were there to greet me. A little later James and Snoop showed up to offer some digging support. Due to the lack of a tailgate, this was the best I had to use for a "tailga...
Views: 787   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 9, 2011 5:32am
by SH
r
rgs
camera question
I recently lost my camera, and I'm having to use a old dinosaur that's 12 years old. When I purchased the my "lost" camera, I thought I was getting a much improved camera, capable of taking close ups? Even though it was newer and more expensive, it really didn't take...
Views: 483   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 9, 2011 5:12am
by SH
I D help please
My buddy found this at chrisners in oct, any opinions on ID? Thanks Ya'll and happy diggin :)
Views: 419   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 8, 2011 11:49pm
by lil john
Dodging the deer hunters
Did get a chance last week to do a few minutes of surface hunting in the brush without getting shot by some drunked up deer hunter. Wasn't much but more then I've found in a while. Been overcast for two days so I had to use the flash. Made them look kinda white. W...
Views: 413   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 8, 2011 7:49am
by Tehuacana
l
Lee
starr adventure ranch
We really enjoyed starr adventure ranch about three weeks ago we stayed the weekend what a sweet place plenty of wildlife and Indian camps along with fishing we found five points and caught 26 fish and saw a few deer and turkey along with what danea said was a...
Views: 492   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 7, 2011 11:31am
by Big Boy
Indian Music request.....
I know this request is alittle different, but I bet a few readers will relate. After listen to the TAAA Cibolo Creek Site's background music..... http://www.texasaaa.com/cibolo/id4.htm ...on their home page, I have been searching for a CD of American Indian mus...
Views: 374   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 7, 2011 11:03am
by Idahoe
s
SH
4 SURFACE HUNTERS ONLY
After 3 days of rain, the 4th day was drizzly, icy cold and windy...just perfect for a surface hunt on old diggins.. Top of the hill at Starr is well churned up... Nothing special, just 18 artifacts The following finds listed without commercial interup...
Views: 542   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 7, 2011 6:51am
by SH
s
sod
cold site
somebody heat it up with some hot flent
Views: 421   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 7, 2011 5:55am
by SH
s
SH
IDAHOE STAR DIGS TEXAS STARR
Idahoe Bill came back to Tx again to do some landscapeing And sort out the rocks from the chaff An insitu pic in the making Chris found a really big one ( Travis ? ) Encore Donny ( Chris' digging buddy ) came by wit...
Views: 685   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 6, 2011 8:03am
by travis mcgaughey
s
SH
GIVE IT A SPIN HEATHER
The treat's on me....Just tell the wheel manager your the Heather wanting to claim her 4 prepaid spins. Any question just refer to the pic of my handing over the $ Forget it Pat.. ..I told them not to honor the free spins to any Heather with a long white San...
Views: 481   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 6, 2011 5:13am
by SH
Ohio Finds... and info. Request...
Hello Arrowhead Fans, can some one be good enough to provide any information on these points that were collected in Ohio, many years ago. My freinds Father, who has passed away, gave them to her. I said I would try to get some info. Internet searching has kinda fal...
Views: 372   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 5, 2011 6:31am
by Ken Diehl
s
SH
THE POWER OF PRAYER (and hard digging )
Saint Snoop Diggin basks in the heavenly light of a blessed big find..a gift from the Starr
Views: 786   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 5, 2011 4:18am
by SH
Finding some local arrowhead hunters
Hey how is everyone doing? Im looking for others in my area, Eagle Pass/Uvlade, to go arrowhead hunting. I don't have many places to go and most of my finds thus far have been surface finds. I would love the opportunity to link up with some other hunters, find some n...
Views: 595   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 3, 2011 6:31pm
by Tehuacana
s
SH
11-30 CACHEING IN AT CHRISNERS
Bit of good luck on RR hill... kicked out a very respectable blade. After first pic I went back to work...same place...out flipped ANOTHER ....BIGGER BLADE I repositioned them as they must have been...a cache of two. AND,,,a DOUBLE CACHE...
Views: 729   Replies: 14
Last Post: Dec 3, 2011 4:14pm
by Kris
Austin Surface Hunting Suggestions???
I'm going to Austin this week-end. Any suggestions on good places to surface hunt?????
Views: 832   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 3, 2011 12:47pm
by SH
Hello
Hey Yall fellow diggers! Just found the austindiggers website and forum and im glad I found a way to connect with other diggers IN MY AREA FINALLY!!! :) Its also great to help with identifying the points in my collection when I can compare them with others found in t...
Views: 384   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 2, 2011 9:32pm
by lil john
s
SH
JUST WALK BY OLD DRYWASH
Just a walkby visit to the old drywash site. Badger couldn't resist a few pecks...( INCREDIBLE ) Took advantage of this sentimental visit to recap all finds from the Drywash ( ONLY the more interesting ones, not the hundreds of pieces ) My #1 fr...
Views: 685   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 2, 2011 8:25am
by Heather Payne
A few truck bed finds
A few i found cleaning out the pickup. Most were surface finds.
Views: 477   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 1, 2011 7:55am
by Heather Payne
Some Other Weird Stuff From the Brush
Arrowheads and Clear Forks aren't the only thing I find while stomping through the cactus and dodging mesquite. Here's a couple of finds from years back. And yep, it's a meteorite and magnetic. The other is a fossil, shell mabbe?
Views: 534   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 1, 2011 6:28am
by Tehuacana
friday finds
How about my first clear fork! Thinking this is a abused little Fairland. This Scallorn all there except one small tip of tang!
Views: 623   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 30, 2011 8:45am
by GeeTen
s
SH
TKSGVG DINNER ON THE ROAD
This years' thankgiving dig was at C3 on road rage hill. Dinner is served Penguin with all the fixins, baked potatoes, ( with fresh chive garnish), pumpkin pie ala whip, egg nog and dog biscuits. On the grill, what we are giving thanks...
Views: 440   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 28, 2011 3:20pm
by travis mcgaughey
s
sandy
new find and one oldie
ok this is a few new ones we have found .a very small bird point but extremely old and worn and the bismouth ...hubby is still wondering why indians would use bisnouth or what they would use it for lol but anyhow here is a shot of the little one and a piece of a man...
Views: 496   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 28, 2011 2:24pm
by sandy
c
chuck
Views: 476   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 27, 2011 9:05am
by Tehuacana
Low lake camps
I have been finding alot of points on lake Palestine and cedar creek I was wondering if there are any old timers out there who could tell me where any new camps are on either of those lakes because ive about picked em dry! Or if anyone else knows where any good spots...
Views: 509   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 26, 2011 7:55pm
by Brandon
A must read article
Flo-town already posted this, but i wanted to make sure everyone had a chance to see it. Ive already asked them to remove the picture. http://bajrblog.wordpress.com/2009/10/21/dig-your-own-ethics-of-pay-to-dig-out-entire-sites/
Views: 1062   Replies: 12
Last Post: Nov 26, 2011 7:08pm
by JEH
c
chuck
Coldwater texas point Value?
Where's a good site to compare the value of a Cpldwater point I just acquired? Does anyone have the latest reference guide to post a value range?
Views: 432   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 26, 2011 1:58pm
by chuck
finds for 11-23
Mostly brokes, one nice translucent ensor, another piece of a clay pipe. Hopefully a full perdiz will pop up soon these sure show some nice craftmanship. Thinking this is a plainview base as it ground smooth.
Views: 562   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 26, 2011 8:27am
by sandman
Any idea what knife this is.
found these today I know the one on the right is a scallorn but not sure about the one on the left any suggestions or input is welcome thanks jayradd.
Views: 594   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 26, 2011 5:18am
by SH
4 Pat
I dident find anything today but heres a few newer repros to look at
Views: 570   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 25, 2011 8:12pm
by chuck
COME SEE THIS YEARS TURKEYS! HAPPY THANKSGIVING YALL!
. CLICK ON THE PICTURE FOR THIS YEARS TURKEYS!    
Views: 364   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 25, 2011 7:39am
by M. Ellis
Starr Adventure Ranch - Open / Rate change
We will be open Friday, Sat and Sunday this week. $60 for your first visit, then $55 second and $50 there after. I can work with you if you would like to come out during the week. No issues with hunters! Thank you, Craig
Views: 404   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 24, 2011 7:38pm
by Craig Hiles
Holiday Card
Thanks for your Holiday Card! I like to have a good laugh first thing Thanksgiving morning! You guys are too much!!!!!! Keep it up, JW
Views: 233   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 24, 2011 8:07am
by james wright
Turkey Day
Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!
Views: 225   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 24, 2011 8:05am
by SH
r
rgs
Wishing everyone a very special Thanksgiving!
I hope everyone has a very wonderful Thanksgiving, posting now before I start cooking and eating. I hope everyone travels safe, and has a wonderful time with family & friends. Sending out a special blessing to our service men and women, abroad serving us all. Have a...
Views: 259   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 24, 2011 8:03am
by SH
CF's Strike Again
I must be destined to amass the most Clear Forks in history. Can't seem to sneak off and do any surface hunting without one of these monsters rearing their ugly heads. Todays Find.
Views: 807   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 23, 2011 9:56am
by Tehuacana
show me dua flent
would like to see pics of plaino convex stuf like plumets or pendents
Views: 520   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 22, 2011 11:29am
by Tehuacana
please
please someone post some flent got the blues
Views: 516   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 22, 2011 6:07am
by SH
Some where to see some cool flint !
I do the youtube thing , I don't have any still photos of my flint . But on youtube we are doing some challenges Oldest , oddest , drills ,favorites G10s and others . Would love for you guys to check us out sometime . To find my rocks search Alabama Arrowheads . My u...
Views: 425   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 21, 2011 9:12pm
by ALABAMAHEADHUNTE...
i
Idahoe
For Sod Buster
Will this make you feel better?
Views: 557   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 21, 2011 12:28am
by sod buster
please
wow is that a briggstone all that flents makeing my back sore
Views: 364   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 20, 2011 10:17am
by sod buster
b
Bones
Hello
Hello, new here...great resource and a wealth of information so thank you! Been sort of looking for arrowheads, etc. since I was in my early 20s...never really found anything though. In fact, aside from one broken base, not even sure if any of these should even be co...
Views: 449   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 20, 2011 6:09am
by SH
texas cache
What happen to texas cache website.It seems pretty dead?
Views: 632   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 19, 2011 5:34pm
by lucky
g
GeeTen
Lucky surface find - 11/13/11
Was down at my folks place in Karnes County and went out to the ranch to check on the cattle and deer feeders and decided to do a little looking around the creek. There is the Dry Escondido Creek that runs through the place and connects with the San Antonio River ab...
Views: 705   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 19, 2011 9:46am
by GeeTen
r
rgs
A ghost story
I picked these up out of from an abandoned storage locker. I know they are "gray ghost" variety, but how did they obtain such patina is my question? They look like they have river polish?
Views: 1055   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 18, 2011 1:52pm
by redman
k
Kris
My best find so far... Nice Knife !
This one slid out and hit me in the shin last week. So far this is mt best find ever. Enjoy! I belive it to be an Archaic Knife possibly a Friday.
Views: 1377   Replies: 20
Last Post: Nov 18, 2011 8:14am
by Kris
s
SH
STARR GAZING
Day one Typical hunters start of the day, I was a split second slow on the draw...there was an 8 pt buck right there at the front gate. James was already clocked into work There's a new diggers dog in town, Sadie And his buddy Snoop...
Views: 606   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 18, 2011 5:18am
by SH
11-15 finds
The little nutter stone or fire starter stone is smooth on the bottom side and shows sign of being used as hammerstone!! Again very multi functional tool.
Views: 551   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 18, 2011 4:53am
by SH
g
GeeTen
Finds from 11-5 & 6-11
Here are a few from a weekend of hard digging in Burnet County. Two completes per day isn't bad, but you always hope for a little more. Not sure about the blade, I'm thinking maybe a Friday blade. Any info is appreciated. From 11-5. Not sure about the poin...
Views: 662   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 17, 2011 4:47am
by SH
s
SH
WHERE WERE YOU ON 11-11-11@11:11.11 PM ?
I was here (check the posting clock)
Views: 470   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 15, 2011 8:04pm
by Kris
Had a little luck on Fall Creek
http://youtu.be/X20fIZTmEEk
Views: 560   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 14, 2011 9:39am
by Travis McGaughey
Views: 414   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 14, 2011 4:13am
by SH