Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
s
SH
C3 SURPRISING FINDS
Talk about "start your day with a BANG ".. I pulled up to sign in garage just before dawn, as "Usual"...ALL those pea brained Guinea fowl were in the garage eating the dog food...They blasted out of there like an explosion...BUT...The explosion continued Two...
Views: 608   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 10, 2011 7:10am
by pat kinyon
Is Nacho Digging ???
Michelle I was just wondering if Nacho was digging now and where at ,,,please reply
Views: 377   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 10, 2011 6:51am
by Michelle
DIY Wiggle Picks
I'm looking for some Do-It-Yourself ideas for making a wiggle pick. I've seen various types on here and would like some ideas how to make my own. For example, how are leaf springs cut, shaped and welded to handles?
Views: 633   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 10, 2011 6:23am
by SH
CCC tomorrow. Sunday
I'll be out there in the morning to find sum amazing artifacts at the ranch, and to check out the new excavation
Views: 299   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 10, 2011 12:35am
by Diggler
ccc is hot for the record
after seeing what jesse and them pulle dout and erics finds i believe its on at ccc
Views: 355   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 9, 2011 8:11pm
by Snoop diggins
anyone digging frio river landing 4-1, 4-2
me and a buddy of mine are gonna be digging at the frio river landing april 1 and 2, just wondering if anybody else will be there digging
Views: 880   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 9, 2011 2:08pm
by BS (Brandon S)
friday finds
the first two are darls, the third is ??? and the fouth is ensor right?
Views: 380   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 9, 2011 8:38am
by eric
Michelle
great front page stuff! just cause your mad at H. does'nt mean you have to stop talking to us. we only laughed a little. serve it up cold!!!
Views: 403   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 8, 2011 6:20pm
by Snoop diggins
American Nickle
Prior to 1942, the composition was 75% copper and 25% nickle. The composition after was changed to 56% copper, 35% silver and 9% manganese.
Views: 324   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 8, 2011 6:18pm
by tom christiansen
s
sandy
nickle
hubby wanted me to ask if anyone uot there might have an old nickle before the 50's and a magnet..he wanst to ask if you cuold test the magnet and see if the nickle is magnetic. Thanks
Views: 315   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 8, 2011 4:20pm
by Idahoe
g
GeeTen
Finds from 4-2 & 4-3 2011
Here are some more finds from Burnet County. It wasn't quite as eventfull as last weekend but I still found some cool stuff. Found a couple buffalo teeth, what appears to be the top end of a bone needle, a scraper, a knife of some sort, a few brokes (one of which has...
Views: 514   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 8, 2011 2:24pm
by redman
s
SCOTT
Nacho's
Was wondering if anyone has information on the dig status with Nacho. Is he still in Barksdale/Laguna/anywhere else? Thanks
Views: 435   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 8, 2011 9:27am
by Roland Benavides
Tradinghouse Creek Reservoir
Anybody "hunted" in/around this area?
Views: 471   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 8, 2011 9:48am
by redman
s
SH
Views: 569   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 7, 2011 6:26am
by pat kinyon
f
Fred
Arrowhead storage frames
I would like some inexpensive frames to store points in. I have seen some made of black cardboard with clear plastic tops. Does anyone know where to get them or have another idea?
Views: 703   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 6, 2011 12:34pm
by eric
Looking for girl hunting partner in Austin area
Are there any girls in the Austin/Taylor area who would like to go arrowhead hunting with me? I am pretty new at this but do not really have anyone to go out with me except rarely. I can provide references
Views: 673   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 6, 2011 4:30am
by SH
few from tuesday
is the one on right a very resharpened perd or a jetta?
Views: 373   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 6, 2011 3:56am
by SH
s
sandy
found in same area as the "testing" artifact post
this one set the metal detector off also...hubby cut a window on this one to see what it looked like lol so just let me know what you think. Opinions welcomed.
Views: 639   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 5, 2011 6:05pm
by sandy
Views: 312   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 5, 2011 1:47pm
by Tony (aka The Bu...
April 3rd 2011
Some finds from Sunday. Killed the rattler on the way out of the ranch from digging.
Views: 546   Replies: 17
Last Post: Apr 5, 2011 1:01pm
by pat kinyon
Views: 451   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 5, 2011 9:02am
by snoop diggins
hammerstone/grinding stone
found several stone tools lately but this one sure shows alot of use on both ends of stone. What were they beating on the most?
Views: 392   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 5, 2011 7:17am
by Tony (aka The Bu...
permission is key!!!!!!
thank God for ladders. i still thought i was going to be bird food.
Views: 339   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 5, 2011 7:11am
by Tony (aka The Bu...
finds from 2011
found all within a foot from each other
Views: 596   Replies: 9
Last Post: Apr 4, 2011 4:01pm
by dusty & kasey
t
Tucker
New finds
Went digging Wednesday A couple langtrys, darl drill, perd, bulverde, and montell. Check out the stripes on the big Langtry.
Views: 489   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 3, 2011 5:14pm
by pat kinyon
went to longs
went to longs dug all day and surface hunted and of course i found a broken one but only the tip was broke but its no bigger than a dime bird point and the back of it looks like a jeweler made it.better luck next time
Views: 362   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 3, 2011 8:05am
by Snoop diggins
b
Brent
Chrisners?
What camps are producing? I'm am heading out there tomorrow and I am readier than ever to find a good point. Any advice? I will see any of out there that are planning on going.
Views: 354   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 3, 2011 5:32am
by SH
Hot Texas diggin
Man it's killer today, can't wait for summer. A couple from this morning.
Views: 422   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 2, 2011 6:36pm
by SH
l
Leslie
painted pebble?
Hi..my first post. Enjoying post and pics. This is a find in Coryell Co, What looks to me and others as painted dolphin on right and hard to see at left (picture not great) a buffalo with man on it. Anyone seen anything like this?
Views: 274   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 2, 2011 6:24pm
by SH
a few finds for today
i sure do like the little birds
Views: 390   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 2, 2011 4:45pm
by sandman
hopefully
hopefully i will find my first unbroken point today. going to longs and i am going to dig all day ,wish me luck
Views: 293   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 2, 2011 2:40pm
by BS (Brandon S)
day of fools
Anyone wanna hang out @ ccc on the day of fools well be there at 10
Views: 402   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 2, 2011 11:09am
by Snoop diggins
i digress
i was'nt going to even show my 4th attempt but i think its salvageable with a technical pen and a few clear washes. my wife says i'm a much better drawer the coloreer. i think its just too busy. i feel like a first grader that just learned something. this is my...
Views: 628   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 2, 2011 10:41am
by Tony (aka Bud Ma...
s
SH
DIGGERS DOG DISASTER
.......Spyder is dead I got to Chrisners early and dropped off a fresh cherry pie ( on the vehicle ) Mid morning Spyder followed me to Bill's camp. In a flash he ran after one of those Fence Lizards... He was scratching around when without any warn...
Views: 405   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 2, 2011 6:17am
by snoop diggins
s
SH
C3 , 4-1-11 GOOD FINDS AGAIN.
I CANNOT file a report on April Fools day
Views: 392   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 2, 2011 4:52am
by SH
s
SH
VERY GOOD NEWS FOR SOME PEOPLE
AND VERY BAD NEWS FOR SOME OTHERS;;;; As of midnight tonight there are 14 days til April fools day
Views: 741   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 1, 2011 11:33pm
by Michelle
CORNER TANG!!!!!
APRIL FOOLS DAY!!! TANG IN THE CORNER
Views: 526   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 1, 2011 4:24pm
by travis mcgaughey
s
sandy
another piece of same type as posted before
another piece of the ame type as i post before with the other side showing and a window husband is working on
Views: 362   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 1, 2011 11:43am
by sandy
e
eric
ID Help
My buddy found this one near the Bell/Williamson county line and I am not sure what to call it. Anyone want to give it a go?
Views: 368   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 1, 2011 7:03am
by eric
proof pre clovis people lived with dinosaurs
fred flintstones design for trolling motor propeller.
Views: 333   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 1, 2011 2:13am
by pat kinyon
following up on i.d.
the MAN said 4 7/8 fairland, made from a rare trade flint from desposits in gillespie co. called pedernales pink. thanks and have a good day.
Views: 322   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 31, 2011 8:45pm
by sandman
s
sandy
hubby's depression "shard" ...knapping flake,
He is lucky to find everything but what he is looking for, hahaha...this is a piece of shard as he calls them tht he has found and keeps looking for the point or at least more of this material..so onwrd and upward he brings home what he finds and keeps looking. I...
Views: 305   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 31, 2011 6:53pm
by sandy
s
sandy
testing question
ok guys/gals here is a artifact that makes my metal detector go crazy...does anyone know how I make could test it for metal content without hurting the artifact
Views: 326   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 31, 2011 5:58pm
by sandy
c
Chris
Recent 3Lakes Ranch finds....
sorry i'm gonna try and get back in the swing of things and post some more pics....realizing marcus was on here....... Possible drills..... you can see the where it was broke.. the one on left has a slight serrated edge to it... back of them hvae...
Views: 590   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 31, 2011 8:16am
by Chris
s
SH
THE SAN DIGGLER FAULT LINE
Rescue dog checking out Dig's monster caves There's about 5 foot of overhang that now has a very impressive crack developed. I took a chance that it wouldn't swallow my knife. I told the dog not to walk on that overhang
Views: 364   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 31, 2011 8:02am
by pat kinyon
s
SH
C3 , 3-30
Same pic area as last week. Blue Bonnets really nicely in bloomed out. Not same flint, that's today's I wasted some pixels on this "insitu" shot cause I was so pleased with the find. I moved all that old top layer and found 3/8ths of an inch of bottom re...
Views: 340   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 31, 2011 6:46am
by SH
frames
just trying out dewaines theory. A frame, what do ya'll think. i guess it helps to put pic in.
Views: 800   Replies: 24
Last Post: Mar 31, 2011 4:49am
by SH
s
SH
DRYWASH UPDATE
To recap for Newbies...last yr Badger & I did a serious dig out of the most insignificant shallow drainage in the middle of nowhere after GeeTen reported he was finding some points in a drainage also nowhere near a known camp. Turns out our wash has some deep areas...
Views: 383   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 30, 2011 7:32am
by B. W. Lynn
b
Big BT
new find and A box
Here is one I found on Sunday. Here is my "A" box that I had to remodel after the past few weeks of digging. What do you think?
Views: 388   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 30, 2011 4:33am
by SH
Very cool tip my wife found at CCC
One side is complete cortex very cool wish we woulda found this one whole! You can see the veign in the third pic
Views: 443   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 30, 2011 4:21am
by SH
ccc andice/bell
found this sunday at ccc some people said andice but im more leaning towards bell and the little bird has some wicked serrations
Views: 473   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 30, 2011 4:18am
by SH
Got a good question.
How do yall feel about buying/ selling artifacts? I personaly would never sell one though i have bought a few. I hope this doesnt start a wildfire just had the same talk with a friend and wanted to know yalls take.
Views: 361   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 29, 2011 5:46pm
by Tehuacana
s
SH
CAHOKIA
I was inspired by Marc's recent report on Yucca preperation in South America. I recently spent 70 minutes with the Cahokia family in Illinois who was also preparing some different foods.. This is a good shot of a fire hearth ( as opposed to a fire rock mi...
Views: 437   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 29, 2011 9:54am
by Travis #2
Scouting Coryell Co...
Pat, Lyn, their granddog Lucy and I did some scouting/surface hunting yesterday in Coryell Co. We didn't have much luck finding the camps but found plenty of beautiful scenery and fresh air. (Special thanks to the Kinyons for joining me!) Pat on top of the...
Views: 392   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 29, 2011 7:31am
by Tony
first hunt 2011
woo hoo goin to tj's this weekend can't wait.i'll post picks sunday
Views: 557   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 29, 2011 6:06am
by SH
b
BS
One eared Castroville
Rob found this one at Frio.Definitely made with one ear, no evidence of being broken. Anyone ever seen one of these?
Views: 437   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 29, 2011 6:01am
by SH
Hello from Round Rock area
Hello I am new to the arrowhead world and someone pointed me to his message board. I have been hunting fossils for a few years sporadically but my cousin recently took me arrowhead digging in Louisiana and now I am hooked. I am looking forward to reading everyone'...
Views: 333   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 29, 2011 5:24am
by SH
Views: 422   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 28, 2011 10:00am
by Matt
Views: 484   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 28, 2011 4:23am
by SH
b
Brent
Today's finds
Not a bad day in milam county
Views: 476   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 28, 2011 4:03am
by SH
s
SH
NEWS FLASH
Just a very short blurb on the hourly PBS radio news just stated that... Dr So&So of Tx A&M has found a site in Texas that positively dates to 15,000 yrs BCE.... That would have huge ramifications for the "Clovis first" schools. And for those that follow this...
Views: 749   Replies: 17
Last Post: Mar 27, 2011 11:12am
by gt
cedar elms
Do we know if Cedar Elm/Mountain Cedar inhabited central TX a couple hundred years ago? This is something I wonder while I'm surveying the layout of certain areas when I'm thinking there may have been camps here or there.
Views: 524   Replies: 13
Last Post: Mar 27, 2011 12:11pm
by Snoop diggins
b
Brio
East Tx?
Headed back home to Smith County in E. Tx. this weekend. Anyone know of any areas to surface hunt for points? Never did it while I lived there but I have seen some nice points posted from the area. Thanks
Views: 531   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 27, 2011 11:41am
by Brio
b
Big BT
Views: 311   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 27, 2011 5:51am
by SH
b
Big BT
Winning DUHHHHH
Were to start what a day!!!! SW and myself out early this morning put in 7 hours of digging. Had so many laughs my side is hurting. I actually hurt my back pulling off when his hot his hot dance because we were finding points about every 10-15 minutes. So I hope y...
Views: 368   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 27, 2011 5:43am
by SH
darrel and darrell
My friends Big B.T. and Shawn Wiley evidently had a good day and are supposed to be posting pics. I know the pics have already been taken, because S.W. and i have been skypeing. so Big B.T. get off the couch or tell your wife you need to use the computer and quit dil...
Views: 279   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 26, 2011 5:40pm
by pat kinyon
r
rgs
good read
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/7489500.html
Views: 279   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 25, 2011 8:24pm
by Tehuacana
Ok a nutterstone and maybe a sketched rock?
The nutter im certain you can clearly see peckig, the rock im not sure click pic to enlerge
Views: 303   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 25, 2011 2:25pm
by Snoop diggins
g
GeeTen
Finds from 3-20-11...Need ID help
Here are the points I found this past weekend in Burnet County. I also found about 5 broke pieces, but didn't include them in the picture. The larger point measured 3-1/4" long. I am not sure what it is. I was thinking maybe Travis, but I don't know. Any help is...
Views: 536   Replies: 11
Last Post: Mar 25, 2011 10:46am
by Tucker
P. P. P..
O.K. here are some pics from a dig that ya'll hav'nt seen from pats preposturous point.
Views: 523   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 25, 2011 10:15am
by pat kinyon
s
SH
COLLINSVILLE 2011
What the Temple show is to Texas, The Collinsville artifact show is to the rest of the world. It's physically the same size square footage wise but include huge selections of pottery - copper goods - hardstones and many artifacts with regional interest, lik...
Views: 467   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 25, 2011 8:06am
by travis mcgaughey
Need help to identify?
I dont know what this is?Gameball?Found 3-4deep in Salado.Picture is on Front Page,little ball next to penny.
Views: 357   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 25, 2011 7:33am
by Penny Boehme
s
SH
SPRING HAS SPRUNG
( but not North of the Red ) Huge mountain Laurel blooms. Not for long, petals already starting to fall This skink looks like he thought I was offering a dog biscuit
Views: 439   Replies: 11
Last Post: Mar 24, 2011 2:55pm
by SH
Got them bones looked at
Well it turns out our bones were just an animal of some sort or another. I had an archeology student at ut show it too her teachers and the "cut" marks are from rodents chewing in the bone. Still interesting considering the way the animal was buried. Sure...
Views: 362   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 24, 2011 1:06pm
by G-towndigger
s
SH
C3 - 3 - 23
I found one, Blue Bonnet that is And there are whole fields of them...Hard to see them...I may be a couple days too early or perhaps these are smaller than previous yrs as predicted by the flower gurus Two nice drill bases in three days...help The...
Views: 367   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 24, 2011 5:43am
by SH
Beginner Here Needing some advice..
Hello All, I have been brought to this site through a friend of mine who has been to a few of the Austin Digfests. Some may know him, Charles Meyer. Anyways we were talking this evening and he has sparked some interest in starting to get into the hobby of searc...
Views: 309   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 24, 2011 5:06am
by SH
old tree
has anyone been to longs and seen that old tree back past the last picnic table it looks like a 1000 years old and nobody has dug it!
Views: 501   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 21, 2011 7:36am
by maverick
Mucho Pottery-o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5nLbYA1cqw
Views: 523   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 23, 2011 9:51am
by Travis #2
s
SH
REMARKABLE FIND, GOLD MANO
The Mano king has outdone himself this time. 6/12,Idahoe found yet another complete MANO ( grinding stone ) immediatly evident as being made out of pure quartz. After cleaning off the dirt both the grinding surfaces were smooth as glass from grinding use and it is...
Views: 658   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 23, 2011 4:18am
by SH
t
Tucker
Nice Marshall found yesterday
Dad found this one
Views: 343   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 23, 2011 4:07am
by SH
s
SH
DONT BOTHER
What with SandM ,Trav1 and pat dominating the digging world, I hate to bother people with my meager finds. Spent the morning in a dry wash yesterday... Be they ever so humble, I had fun hoping the NEXT worked piece would be FANTASTICAL
Views: 420   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 22, 2011 4:54pm
by SH
t
Tucker
Monday dig
Went diggin with a buddy yesterday and found some nice stuff. I found the stuff on the top row and he got the stuff on bottom. Montell drill was the find of the day.
Views: 364   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 22, 2011 4:50pm
by travis mcgaughey
4 3/4 ensor???
we first found the blade and some brokes after the blade i figured we done had a good day and then bam!!!!
Views: 759   Replies: 15
Last Post: Mar 21, 2011 10:53pm
by GeeTen
lets go dig!
great morning at church! now lets go dig,i got all three kids with me and were headed out to longs
Views: 371   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 21, 2011 7:01pm
by michael walker
Lucky Irish Day For Me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT9SQHbBTGc
Views: 391   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 21, 2011 1:39pm
by travis mcgaughey
weeks digs
bet ya'll thought i was going to post pics or something.
Views: 392   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 21, 2011 7:48am
by Tony
c
cgb
any good paydigs in the boerne-kerrville area..hopin to make a trip this wkend
cant find anywhere to dig up around lubbock...tryin to get out of the panhandle for the weekend, lookin for a good paydig or private in kendall/bandera/kerr county maybe even out around san angelo..any suggestions?
Views: 339   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 21, 2011 4:45am
by SH
Fossil
This fossil was given to me by an old man who said it came from the Red River when a bridge was being built many years ago.It's been in my closet for while as I have nowhere else to put it and don't want it. Not big into fossils so I don't really know what I have. Ca...
Views: 286   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 20, 2011 11:21pm
by Chris J
hey GeeTen from stockdale
hey scott, The e-mail address u give me doesnt seem to work. im going out very soon so e-mail me ur number and we can get busy bro
Views: 235   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 20, 2011 10:06pm
by San marcos digge...
s
SH
SKYSHOTS MANIA
Sometimes the "backrounds" in skyshots make one get carried away.... This could have been a really famous " skyshot " with the exact replica of the plane that first soloed the Atlantic but there was an event being held right underneath and I couldn't...
Views: 384   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 20, 2011 1:45pm
by pat kinyon
POSTING FROM CCC JUST FOUND A ******* SCREAMER!!!!
I'll post pics later to excited!!!
Views: 790   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 20, 2011 12:35pm
by snoop diggins
topography
how can the topo map help me can some one explain what im looking for?
Views: 317   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 20, 2011 12:33pm
by redman
Views: 344   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 20, 2011 5:19am
by SH
b
Brent
Views: 298   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 20, 2011 8:28am
by rick
s
SH
CONCH / WELK WORKS
Because of recent interest in Welk beads and related Conch shell jewelry Paula Kinyon was kind enough to bring to the FredB show a large piece of Conch shell that shows actual manufacture in progress.. Heavy cut line at an important location....as will be seen in...
Views: 857   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 19, 2011 4:32am
by SH
help
i recently got permission for a private dig on a ranch . at a place on the san gabrial river. but i dont know where or how to start . can some one help?
Views: 614   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 18, 2011 6:06pm
by maverick
s
SH
REALLY BIG FLINT DISPLAY
remember this happy camper leaving the flint show with his new African flints display case.... This is likely where they came from;; And another dealers collection;;
Views: 621   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 18, 2011 6:13am
by SH
s
SH
4 FLO-TOWN (knapper)
Idahoe Bill got us on a private ranch just 10 mi. North of Castroville. Absolutly amazing, all the plowed farmland in that area was LOADED with flint nodules, from golf ball size to basketball size....A knappers warehouse Not a single limestone rock, ALL flint...
Views: 615   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 18, 2011 5:33am
by SH
I must be the only guy in san marcos digging
I'm just trying to find a new digging buddy in san marcos and surrounding areas. I know a ton of places here and in williamson county and am willing to trade. gimme a shout if anybody wants to find one with me here in san marcos. alan
Views: 415   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 17, 2011 11:27pm
by snoop diggins
s
sandy
Gaines Co, ...not much going on
went out the other day found a few odd pieces and this... will go back out this afternoon to dig where I found the Martindale
Views: 431   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 17, 2011 9:34am
by sandy
13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Free Forum powered by Bravenet