This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment

Well... This is it! A BRAND NEW Embeddable message forum! You are using it now. What do you think?

Comments, Suggestions, Improvements? Let's hear it!

Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

Courtnie, this new message forum program totally SUCKS!!!! All my members on all three of my boards are going bonkers and are begging me to look for a new hosting service. We have been with you for a long time now and LOVED the old html format. Also, even though I tell the new board NOT to, it is STILL displaying our IP addresses for all to see, the unread and read messages come out the same color even though I tell it to use two different colors, and worst of all, in the threaded format it won't even display the name of the poster!!! There is no actual time displayed for the posts, either -- just the date, which is really stupid. PLEASE go back to the old format or I will have to look elsewhere for my three forums.

Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

Bravenet, you all have totally redeemed yourselves!!! The NEW FORUM FORMAT IS AWESOME. I have been with you all for over 5 years and have been waiting for you all to do this much needed upgrade.

Right about when I was thinking of switching host you totally come and make this great upgrade which I find to be the best thing Bravenet could have ever done to their business. Creating templates and providing tools to your members is fine and dandy but the FORUMS and its services within is what sets apart hosting companies.

Thanks Bravenet, I love you guys again!
Victor

Re: Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

Why the change?

Unless I am missing something, there is no new features for this and the cosmetics are less then before.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

is this a Permanent change?

I'm with the first poster.

Been with you since my website started in 2003 for the sole reason that the previous forum was what my readers wanted.

They're up in arms about the changes.

Biggest comlaint is the speed of it all. Is this just teething problems or is this it? It is very slow, even on a good connection.

Some things are good, such as the better search facilities and the edit function.

Why no HTML coding allowed with posts? It's taken me long enough to get my readership understanding that without trying to teach them BB coding.

Lots of people embed You Tube videos on my site for fellow readers but this won't happen now.

How can you no longer click back into the main website from anywhere on the forum?

I'm also having problems with read posts staying same colour despite settings being different colours.

Also why can't you position the picture at the top of the screen to the left or am I missing something there? Would keep it neater and smaller.

And why all the Re re Re re re's etc with the replies. People forget to amend this and it makes the threads look ridiculous.

You also have to keep going back to the Index to start a new thread.

The whole thing is not as user friendly or as easy to navigate as before. That's my 100% feedback from my readership so far.

Not happy at all with all this and especially the lack of advance notice this was happening. The slowness is the worst of it all.

Are there more changes pending? if not then I think I'll have to look at a new forum host as well unfortunately.

Unfortunately the heavy flash/Javascript use totally wipes out using the boards on most mobile phones... which is how I, and I know many others, use the boards.

I do agree with the other posters though. Why the change?

Not as a complaint, more as a "to improve" suggestion: The smileys appear to have been reduced, unless you know the codes; it's not greatly intuitive on where to go to start new threads, etc... and if you reply to one message your reply ends up somewhere else entirely. Not great if you've got 20/30+ responses to that thread! And the times are a bit out.

I DO like the 10 minutes to edit or delete feature though. That was a good call.

Claire

When is service going to be restored? I'm getting all sorts of emails from my regulars. What a mess!

By the way, how do you open a new thread on these things!
Maria

Sorry to add more complaints but...

The "new" aspect of threads won't disappear when read.

Is there no way to show the date AND the time on posts. I don't like the look of the elapsed way and the date only makes it too confusing.

Re: Re: Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

Bravenet...I really doesnt know what to say but this new Style of Thread really really suck...ive been using your company for over 4 years now....and now most of my viewers are threating to leave and go else where.... Please let me know if thats a permanent changes so i can make arrangements to take my buisness elsewhere.......

The new service really really suck!!!!

I'm wondering why the members who use the GHLL message board cannot seem to get their computers to draw anything on the page below the...

"IndexApril 6, 2009 - 1:54:18 PM
Start a New Thread | View Unanswered Posts
Search: search"

...notice? Your thoughts?

Whats this no HTML ???????

ALL my users post pictures with HTML , I need to HTML on my message board! They cannot post their hosted pictures!

I need this turned back on ! I am paying for this service and now no one can use the board for pictures! I NEED to have html on my board. I have NO IDEA what BB code even IS !!

How do I get it changed back??????????????

Like the quote facility and the edit.... but I'm sorry to say I don't like anything else!

How do you post pictures now??
What's the point of "view unanswered posts"???
How do you get rid of IP addresses? etc etc etc

I've had my forum for 9 years and.... ****!!! I've just renewed my subscription for 2 years. PLEASE can we have the old format back!

Michelle
Whats this no HTML ???????

ALL my users post pictures with HTML , I need to HTML on my message board! They cannot post their hosted pictures!

I need this turned back on ! I am paying for this service and now no one can use the board for pictures! I NEED to have html on my board. I have NO IDEA what BB code even IS !!

How do I get it changed back??????????????

Same here Michelle... and, AND I received notice that someone (had) placed a note on this message board (the same note) three times. One notification is enough.

I detest the new look forum. It just does not work. I picked bravenet for the reason that it was a simple format my users could understand - it is no longer. It is now even more confusing than the other providers out there.

We have discussions on threads - the order replies are posted does not work. Everything gets muddled and chronology just does not factor anymore.

Why remove HTML!? It worked great, and without it we've lost functionality.

Visually, it's not as clear to see - plus load time has quadrupled.

And for a service that I pay for - I would have appreciated some warning so I could at least have prepared for it, not come back to an army of angry users on 2 different forums I run, and another I visit! Please reconsider this change - you were different in a good way, now you are different in a bad way and this is *not* the service I paid for.

I am just as frustrated as everyone else in here. This new look is a total waste of time. You can't bring the forum up on cell phones anymore. When you want to block an IP address, the only one showing is the original poster. This is going to down as one of the biggest mistakes Bravenet has made. Kinda reminds me of when Coke changed it's formula.
Please allow though who paid for the service decide which format is best suited for us. Either that or I want a full refund!

Totally agree with all the comments above. The beauty of the Bravenet forums were their simplicity. I was quite happy paying for my forum as it was... now I'm not.
It's not fair to change it without giving us the option of a choice.

I truly don't mean to post "again" about the problem but this is very serious! My email is flooded with complaints--people can't post--neither can I and I'm the person who looks after the site!

Bravenet, I'm sure you meant well but the changes are no good! This is a nightmare! PLEASE reverse this horror A.S.A.P.!

God bless,

Maria

Maria
people can't post--neither can I

Where is your forum? Because you posted on this one fine.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

Everything is screwed up (pardon my language).

* Can't post new threads

* The entire look of the FORUM has changed (including our selected colors)

* Can't view names of Posters (on previous posts)

I contacted Bravenet (opened a ticket)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

To post a new thread:
be on your index page and click 'start a new thread' top left, under the index link.

This is a new forum, the look has changed - your colors should still be the same, however, how they are being used may have changed slightly. Please visit the new message forum editor to adjust your colors.

Names of posters issue is being fixed now.

Where did Rose's posts go? Was just away to post how shocking that first answer was.

Why no reply to everyone else's concerns Courtnie?

Even an update as to what they may or may not be working on changing would be good.

The no HTML problem is now becoming the major issue on my forum.

I am sorry Michael, I am doing what I can.

The HTML option has been removed from the forum because too many people were abusing it and breaking people's forums with it. We have switched the new message forum to use BBCode like many other forums out there are currently using.

Here are some examples of BBCodde
[b]bolded text[/b]
[i]italicized text[/i]
[u]underlined text[/u]
[url]http://example.org[/url]
[url=http://example.com]Example[/url]
[img]http://imageurl.png[/img]
[quote]quoted text[/quote]

Michael
Sorry to add more complaints but...

The "new" aspect of threads won't disappear when read.

Is there no way to show the date AND the time on posts. I don't like the look of the elapsed way and the date only makes it too confusing.

We are working on a solution for this. Please be patient.

WHY ARE MY POSTS BEING DELETED????? I pay for my message board service and was insulted by Doug and want to know why??? And why my posts are being deleted????

I feel bad for all those who are experiencing problems or unable to accept the WONDERFUL upgrade that Bravenet has made to the Forum. Change is difficult to accept, I completely understand that, but the truth is that change is always good.

This Forum upgrade by Bravenet has been long overdue and I am probably thus far the only one on this help forum joyous to high-heaven about the upgrades.

The only issue I have at this time, which I know Bravenet will fix eventually, is the QUOTE/REPLY feature. If users click on any reply the posted reply will be somewhere throughout the many messages instead of being located as the last and current message. That definitely has to be fixed no doubt about that.

Another issue is the avatar. There needs to be a button there for users to click and locate a photo within their hard-drive to upload their personal avatar. Like Bravenet's Image Picker but for the users.

Last issue of mine is the Email and Website links that are currently displaying after every posted message. There should be an option to disable that.

Email Website

Other than those issues, the upgrades are fantastic and I will be expecting alot more fixes and upgrads from the Bravenet mind group of webmasters to enhance features of the Forums.

To those who are having alot more issues than I, be patient for Bravenet means well and they must compete with what's out there and this change puts them right up there with all the rest and the best.

Bravenet keep up the great work, just don't take so long to make upgrades, this forum upgrade should have been done like 2 to 3 years ago.

Thanks
Victor

Member [Rose McCurdy] April 6, 2009 14:09:35
What has happened to our message boards? No notificatoin of change no nothing.. just whamo... different look???? No way to get back to the home page??? What happened. Please advise. People hate it.

My question posted to Bravenet today....

My insulting answer from Doug.. that will probably get deleted again.. and I will post again.. and get deleted again.. until someone from bravenet responds to this rude answer....

Bravenet Web Services Support [Doug - Support Technician] April 6, 2009 14:45:11

Dear Rose Mccurdy,

People do not hate the new Forum. The personality type of the people who are complaining are the type that do not like any type of changes in their life.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

I do not like the way my money is being spent.I just renewed my website in march and this is what i get.I've to learn to update my website over again.This move should have been up to the owner of the site and only if we wanted it changed.My site gets well over 100 hits a day and alot of people in the foxbeagle sport depend on it for information on when and where trials are held and the results of all associations from LA,NC,SC,VA,ARK,FLA,Ala and so on.This new set up is to hard for our readers to understand with all the problems that it involves...Cameron Dozier
www.foxbeagle.net
www.foxbaykennels.foxbeagle.net
www.northamerican.foxbeagle.net

I find the new boards to be less functional than the old ones and I don't see what has been gained in the change. The new style is slower and harder to read. I wish the customers could choose to go back to the old style.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

Courtnie from Bravenet
To post a new thread:
be on your index page and click 'start a new thread' top left, under the index link.

This is a new forum, the look has changed - your colors should still be the same, however, how they are being used may have changed slightly. Please visit the new message forum editor to adjust your colors.

Names of posters issue is being fixed now.

Hi Courtney.
Sorry, but the only thing that has been fixed is that now we can see Posters names--from previous posts as we can't post new threads--there's NO button! It is not there! There's nothing there that reads "Start a New Thread"!

As to our colors, it's all changed.
When is this going to be fixed?

And, Bravenet should not have done this without asking people if they wanted the change or not. This is a mess!

I have a paid Forum, not a free one, and this should not have happened without Bravenet first asking it's Members if they wanted this change or not.

By the way, I opened a Support Ticket, only to be told that the problem was with my Browser and or my Computer--I uess everybody here is aso having problems with their BRowsers and their computers? Come on!

I have been a Bravenet Member for a few years now--a paying Member, and I expect a service I can trust-this aint it.

Bravenet, please reverse this mess.

Thank you.

Maria

This Sucks we are not getting anything better you must work for Bravenet

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10