This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

Kirsten
Sorry, but this message was emailed to me because the person was unable to do it themselves

Okay, I have opened a support ticket on their behalf.

Tim

Okay, visited links should now change color again when you click on them and the "new" icon will go away immediately now.

However, you will have to force a browser refresh or your clear your temporary internet cache files (usually CTRL-F5 works) for this to start happening.

It will only happen on posts you click on from this point on, not posts you've previously visited prior to this change.

Tim

Tim From Bravenet
Okay, visited links should now change color again when you click on them and the "new" icon will go away immediately now.

However, you will have to force a browser refresh or your clear your temporary internet cache files (usually CTRL-F5 works) for this to start happening.

It will only happen on posts you click on from this point on, not posts you've previously visited prior to this change.

Tim

I was just about to post saying that this problem now seems to have been resolved - many thanks!

Reagards

Allan

Hi.
I have set my forum, so that there is no access without a password, but for some reason anyone can still access the forum freely.
I have deleted all temporary files in my browser, just in case, it was onky happening on my computer, but that has not solved the problem. Can you help please.
Thanks in advance.
Mags

My football (Soccer) club have been using your message board for a number of years now, but like so many other users who I have seen posting here in the last few days, the Flash/JavaScript set-up of the new board you have introduced is causing us major problems where our players cannot post (or even view) messages on their mobile phones, i-pods, Blackberrys and work PC's.

One of the problems with Flash and Javascript on the new message board is that the links to old Forum threads that we had one one of our website pages no longer work and only direct the viewer to the main index page of the Forum every time.
I believe this is an inherent problem with Flash-designed websites where only the Home page and not individual/sub-pages can be linked to ?
Can you please advise whether it is going to be possible for us to ever access those links again ?
It took me several days to find those old threads and set up that page !!

I tried opening a support ticket but it won't recognise my password !

Nice to see the colours change once topic is read but why aren't they going back to the unread colour again once someone else posts a new post in the topic?

I now have a very disjointed and untidy looking forum

Mags
Hi.
I have set my forum, so that there is no access without a password, but for some reason anyone can still access the forum freely.
I have deleted all temporary files in my browser, just in case, it was onky happening on my computer, but that has not solved the problem. Can you help please.
Thanks in advance.
Mags

Hi Mags,

If you haven't already done so can you please open a support ticket about this issue. Thanks.

http://support.bravenet.com.

Tim

Laurence (UK)

One of the problems with Flash and Javascript on the new message board is that the links to old Forum threads that we had one one of our website pages no longer work and only direct the viewer to the main index page of the Forum every time.
I believe this is an inherent problem with Flash-designed websites where only the Home page and not individual/sub-pages can be linked to ?
Can you please advise whether it is going to be possible for us to ever access those links again ?
It took me several days to find those old threads and set up that page !!

We are aware of the bookmarking issue and not sure yet if we are going to be able to fix or not. New bookmarks should be fine though.

Tim

This is NOT the service I paid for!!!!!!! I searched other sites before deciding on "Bravenet" and my decision was mostly made due to the recommendations of a long-time friend who also uses this service. NONE of the regulars in my community who visit and post to my board like the new 'features' and I can't even post to my own board half the time!!!!! One friend just wrote to tell me:

I just went to your website & it said "Your browzer does not support Bravenet," and suggested I download Javascripts. The prelude with the TNCIA info, the calendar & postlude with the links were visible, but all the conversations were blanked out by the message I just referenced.

I wasn't asked and I wasn't informed beforehand. If I have no choice between this "new" board or the previous version, I want a refund for the remaining time on my 'lease' so I can take my business elsewhere.

If the board can be restored to the way it was, all will be well!! Please advise ASAP!!!
thank you

Ok, my forum is now a complete multi coloured mess and I have no idea what posts I've read and what I haven't.

Once again I find myself having to complain about something you have rolled out that doesn't work.

Are your testers complete idiots? NOTHING should be rolled out until fully tested and ALL the bugs fixed.

This is a very obvious one to have tested and if your testers can't pick this up then you need to hire new testers.

Hi Mags,

If you haven't already done so can you please open a support ticket about this issue. Thanks.

http://support.bravenet.com.

Tim

Thanks for the reply Tim. I have now opened a support ticket.
Kind regareds.
Mags

Michael
Ok, my forum is now a complete multi coloured mess and I have no idea what posts I've read and what I haven't.

Once again I find myself having to complain about something you have rolled out that doesn't work.

Are your testers complete idiots? NOTHING should be rolled out until fully tested and ALL the bugs fixed.

This is a very obvious one to have tested and if your testers can't pick this up then you need to hire new testers.

It's exactly like the old forum where visited links are stored in the browser and the browser has no idea whether a new reply was added. The functionality is no different than it was with the previous version.

On a side note, we are going to be adding some new features that will help in viewing new posts.

Also, you can change the Visited Link Style to match your Link Style to avoid the multi-colors. Updated threads move to the top of your forum.

Tim

PS This was indeed tested.

Re: We added a new board style called

Tim From Bravenet
We added a new board style called "Classic Board". It resembles the old looking forum. We have made it by default go back to this style for existing users. You can change it at any time in your Forum manager.

Tim

I've read through most all of the messages and so far, this whole fiasco was not cool to have foisted on paying customers (1) without warning and (2) without having the choice of changing.

I have an ancient computer - it's 12 yrs old now and I'm on DSL. My browser quit being supported probably some 5 yrs ago or so. While it's great that whatever the other browsers are that you can get this new system to work with, it's pretty much a given that the new system will not work with my old browser.

It's not that we can't or don't want to learn something "new"; it's that we choose to stay with what we had - and what we specifically chose to PAY for. There ARE MANY message board hosts on the internet but many of us choose chose Bravenet.

I've logged into my account. I clicked on "Message Forum". The next page takes me where I cannot log out; I can't access the board; the beta "Forums" take forever and a day to load but then don't let me go anywhere that I recognize.

What is "Turn Editor Off" and why does everything looks exactly the same after it's clicked on?!

This is just too much to want to deal with and some of us don't have the time to spend all day waiting for one new beta "Forum" or the other to load ... wait for each feature in a forum to also load ... look around for whatever it is that we're needing to do, etc. It's just TOO MUCH.

You said, "You can change it at any time in your Forum manager."

Well, I clicked on the "Forum Manager" and when it finally opened, there's yet ANOTHER "forum manager" to click on and wait for! THEN it tells me, "Using this forums manager you can create, edit and delete your forums and control their additional options."

DUH ... I thought that was the purpose of the FIRST "Forum Manager"!!!! Why the need to go through 3 "Forum Managers" to get to the danged board?!!!!!

And there are little icons that have no explanation for them - what they're for or what they do. ?????! Mousing over them doesn't help either.

I've got 6 months on my first lease and I've got a feeling that at this rate, I won't be here at the end of the 2nd 6 month period.

HOW do I get to where I can change things back to the "Classic Board" before I lose my mind?!!!!

came back to edit 'cause after I log into my account and came here, I wanted to get to the "Message Forum" but I seemed to be logged out of the whole system and had to re-log back in. ?!

i think i'll lose my mind with the "new" stuff before it's all said and done ... and then i'll prolly still have to find another board service.

Donna,

Please open a support ticket so we can try and help you out. Thanks!

http://support.bravenet.com

Tim

Tim From Bravenet
Donna,

Please open a support ticket so we can try and help you out. Thanks!

http://support.bravenet.com

Tim

Thanks Tim, but I've really got to wonder what the point would be - at this point. After reading through almost all the messages already posted, I've discovered that the "Classic Board" isn't the old board - it's just a left-aligned instead of center-aligned "New" board that still NO ONE likes.

With SO MANY UNHAPPY and TOTALLY FRUSTRATED CLIENTS trying to make it clear that they want things to return to the way they were or Bravenet will face losing MANY clients ... and THAT particular sentiment seems to have been completely ignored and/or overlooked with the continued request to "open a support ticket."

Frankly Tim, I don't need that kind of "support". I need the kind of support that says, "We're SO sorry for mistakenly thinking that the new board would've been well received and enjoyed. Since so many aren't happy with the new "service", we're now offering everyone a choice between the old board and the new style. Which would you prefer?"

I haven't seen or heard that kind of support yet ... which leads me to the conclusion - as some noted earlier - that Bravenet DOES NOT INTEND to give us a choice in boards. Our choise is we either like (and lump) what they're now offering or we're free to find another service provider.

Apparently being reimbursed for our remaining time (6 months, in my case) is not a support option of Bravenet either.

Gotta wonder just how many of us will be leaving and how it will affect Bravenet financially ... not that they care, apparently.

Thanks again Tim for all the help that you try to provide. If you aren't responsible for this fiasco, there's no point in being upset with you. I appreciate being allowed to rant, even if it is spitting into the wind, it would seem.

Donna

(BTW - I include my email with each post and I click on the "Notify me by email when someone replies to this message" but I've not yet got a notification via email of your reply to me. Dang, yet another BUG to work out! LOL)

Donna

Thanks Tim, but I've really got to wonder what the point would be - at this point. After reading through almost all the messages already posted, I've discovered that the "Classic Board" isn't the old board - it's just a left-aligned instead of center-aligned "New" board that still NO ONE likes.

With SO MANY UNHAPPY and TOTALLY FRUSTRATED CLIENTS trying to make it clear that they want things to return to the way they were or Bravenet will face losing MANY clients ... and THAT particular sentiment seems to have been completely ignored and/or overlooked with the continued request to "open a support ticket."

Frankly Tim, I don't need that kind of "support". I need the kind of support that says, "We're SO sorry for mistakenly thinking that the new board would've been well received and enjoyed. Since so many aren't happy with the new "service", we're now offering everyone a choice between the old board and the new style. Which would you prefer?"

I haven't seen or heard that kind of support yet ... which leads me to the conclusion - as some noted earlier - that Bravenet DOES NOT INTEND to give us a choice in boards. Our choise is we either like (and lump) what they're now offering or we're free to find another service provider.

Apparently being reimbursed for our remaining time (6 months, in my case) is not a support option of Bravenet either.

Gotta wonder just how many of us will be leaving and how it will affect Bravenet financially ... not that they care, apparently.

Thanks again Tim for all the help that you try to provide. If you aren't responsible for this fiasco, there's no point in being upset with you. I appreciate being allowed to rant, even if it is spitting into the wind, it would seem.

Donna

(BTW - I include my email with each post and I click on the "Notify me by email when someone replies to this message" but I've not yet got a notification via email of your reply to me. Dang, yet another BUG to work out! LOL)

Hi again Donna,

We are listening to the the constructive criticism and working around the clock to make the new forum better. I never said a partial refund would be out of the question, just that we'd like to try and help you with your issues in support. We'll be waiting should you change your mind.

Tim

PS The "Notify me by email when someone replies to this message" seems to be working okay for me. Maybe it ended up in your junk folder?

I don't even feel like posting on my forum anymore..................

Each day, I hope to see the old format, especially without that stupid flash loading feature. I keep hoping you guys will get rid of that.

I've already set up a forum at N54 (which I CAN access on all PCs that I use) just in case. I can no longer access my Bravenet forum on the computer I use during the day. If Bravenet refuses to get rid of that flash, then I probably won't renew my pro in June. I can't keep a forum that I can't access on the computers I use.

Did Bravenet get a new programming director or something? I don't remember anything like this happening before; therefore, I worry that this is just the beginning of more and more lame changes & upgrades, lack of advanced notices/communication, headaches

It's like an old friend that got killed off, and some inferior, user-unfriendly "thing" replaced it.

PS: Where are all those other cute smilies? Especially the love & romance ones?

PPS: Why doesn't the forum take me back to the index again when I'm done posting/replying? NOW I have to wait TWICE for that flash load, because after I reply, it takes me back to only the main post, so I have to click on INDEX to get back to the main forum.

Re: I don't even feel like posting on my forum anymore..................

The change in colour of the message when read, seemed to be working last night, but this morning, it is random.
A brand new message that was put up this morning, has not changed colour when I read it, and then an older message that has been there a couple of days but I hadn't got round to reading, did change!
Logic in that?

Tim from Bravenet:

The problem is that we don't want you to fix the new forum. We want the old forum back. We don't want the new features. If we had disliked the old forum, we wouldn't have stayed at Bravenet.

I believe the worst part was that all this was changed without asking us, your customers, or giving us a chance to choose. BAM, we were all given a new forum that we didn't want, and didn't work. I'll have to say that much has been fixed over the past few days, but many or even most of us would still just want our old forum back.

Please give us our old forum back, and offer the new one to people who want them. I don't want the new forum, I just want the old one back.

Listen to your customers.

Hey Bravenet,

Any update on a fix for users of Safari and the iPhone?

I'm loosing users by the bucketload every day that passes without a fix on your end.

John Myers

RAINBOW

YIKES, I was hoping the lack of smilies was just temporary!!! Are these few smilies ALL we are going to be able to use anymore? That was a really fun part of posting.
sigh

John Myers
Hey Bravenet,

I'm loosing users by the bucketload every day that passes without a fix on your end.

John Myers

When you first posted about Safari users having problems at your site I posted mentioning that I'm a Safari user who wasn't having any problems. Well, now I can't read any of the posts at my site because when I click on the link it just gives me the main page again. It's great going to my own forum, and not being able to read anyone's replies including my own.

I thought that was bad, but when I went to YOUR site just now I can't even get your posts to open at all, and I'm using the latest version of Safari with all the bells and whistles.

I've opened a support ticket. Sure glad I don't have a lot of traffic at my forum. My heart goes out to those of you who do, wow!

RAINBOW
Each day, I hope to see the old format, especially without that stupid flash loading feature. I keep hoping you guys will get rid of that.

PPS: Why doesn't the forum take me back to the index again when I'm done posting/replying? NOW I have to wait TWICE for that flash load, because after I reply, it takes me back to only the main post, so I have to click on INDEX to get back to the main forum.

We're getting closer to having a solution for the Flash issues.

We are going to be adding the old smilies back.

The Forum goes back to the post because we received a ton of feedback that people wanted it to work that way. We can maybe look at making it a configurable option.

Tim

Kirsten
The change in colour of the message when read, seemed to be working last night, but this morning, it is random.
A brand new message that was put up this morning, has not changed colour when I read it, and then an older message that has been there a couple of days but I hadn't got round to reading, did change!
Logic in that?

As far as I know nothing has changed but we will look into this issue.

Tim

John Myers
Hey Bravenet,

John Myers

The newest version of Safari should be working fine with the Forum. Please try and have your users upgrade to the newest version whenever possible. It will give them a safer, more stable, more compatible and faster browsing experience. We are hopeful to have a mobile-friendly version ready soon.

Tim

Renee

When you first posted about Safari users having problems at your site I posted mentioning that I'm a Safari user who wasn't having any problems. Well, now I can't read any of the posts at my site because when I click on the link it just gives me the main page again. It's great going to my own forum, and not being able to read anyone's replies including my own.

I thought that was bad, but when I went to YOUR site just now I can't even get your posts to open at all, and I'm using the latest version of Safari with all the bells and whistles.

I've opened a support ticket. Sure glad I don't have a lot of traffic at my forum. My heart goes out to those of you who do, wow!

Renee

This was happening to me in Safari yesterday as well. It turned out to just be a Safari caching issue - there were some new changes put live yesterday and Safari is remembering the old changes and not working properly. I was able to fix this issue by hitting CTRL+F5 - I did have to hit a few times, but then everything started working fine.

Hope this works for you too.

Courtnie

Kirsten
Logic in that?

There's a number of us who have this problem......it's not just me!!!

Sorry if this has been answered but, I cannot post to my forum using Firefox. I get message "please wait .. processing submission". It then goes out for lunch.

Works ok from IE, and, yes, I have cleared cache and cookies.

Any help will be much appreciated - thanks.

Browser: Firefox

Courtnie from Bravenet
Renee

Renee

This was happening to me in Safari yesterday as well. It turned out to just be a Safari caching issue - there were some new changes put live yesterday and Safari is remembering the old changes and not working properly. I was able to fix this issue by hitting CTRL+F5 - I did have to hit a few times, but then everything started working fine.

Hope this works for you too.

Courtnie

Courtnie, I'm glad you are using Safari! The tip worked, thank you!!!!

And I'm really glad to hear that all the smilies are coming back!!

Thanks folks, and keep the bug fixes and updates coming.

Renee

John London
Sorry if this has been answered but, I cannot post to my forum using Firefox. I get message "please wait .. processing submission". It then goes out for lunch.

Works ok from IE, and, yes, I have cleared cache and cookies.

Any help will be much appreciated - thanks.

Hi John,

What version of Firefox are you running? Also, do you have any firewall/anti-virus/anti-spyware programs running? If so, which ones? Thanks!

Tim

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10