This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

Those of you who are over 10,000 posts please open a support ticket so we can address this matter. Thanks.

Tim
http://support.bravenet.com

PLEASE help, Tim.

Can you tell me WHY those of us with passcoded forums NOW have to enter the passcode TWICE? Anyway, that's the least of my worries. All my posters are thoroughly discouraged, depressed, and ready to give up and rely on emailing each other. All the fun is gone. HTML is gone. The beauty of our wonderful board is gone. The ability to post photos and music and links is, if not gone, something that will require lots of time to learn -- time that we don't have in these days of job-searching and unhappy times. We wanted these boards as a place to come to for fun -- not a place where we have to study a whole new set of rules!

Has anyone at Bravenet thought of going back to the beginning of this thread and reading every single post? If you do that, it really gives an indication of the anguish that so many people are feeling about this awful change. So many of us were happy Bravenet supporters and ''fans''. Now, all we feel is total chaos, hurt, and upset. Trying to 'fix' something we don't like isn't going to help. So many of us just don't have the patience or the time to educate hundreds of our posters on the ''how-to's'' of BB and the like. You all seem like a group of people who are kind and willing to help. Please listen to our pleas to change things back to the way they were.

Re: PLEASE help, Tim.

Lakki,

What is the website address of your forum? What browser are you using? I tested a password protected forum and only had to enter a password once.

Tim

Re: What's Happened Now?

I really do appreciate that you guys are working flat out to fix this but do you not think of testing the amendments you're making before rolling them out?

The latest thing is the welcome addition of the date AND time for the last post.

Great, except...

My whole forum is now totally screwed up (even if I reset it to elapsed) and the posts are all over the place.

My initial guess is that the coding is taking the first post and not the last.

This needs to be sorted asap as my users will be waking up around now and expecting to use a working forum that makes sense as to what was posted when.

EDIT: Yup your system guys have coded it to take the first post and not the last post. Your own forum is screwed up. Cmon Bravenet, TEST TEST TEST before going live and creating more problems.

Thanks for fixing that so quickly.

But as a former system tester myself, please start testing your changes robustly.

If you want to hire me to help then I'm more than happy to oblige!

Only slight niggle about the "last post" finished article is that if someone has a long user name, it increase the table size of the last post column, squidging up the post title column. Surely the opposite would look better.

Despite all my complaining, I want to finish by saying that I nearly have the forum I'm looking for so well done with responding positively. Just need better speed, more customisation, read threads changing colour and HTML added back and you'll hopefully not hear form me again!

We are testing like crazy. People are working around the clock here to make the service perfect. Piece by piece you will see constant improvements. Your feedback is fantastic. Thanks for helping out!

Tim

JUST AWFUL!! My posters hate it, too

(PS: I'm reposting this, because I lost half of my post by previewing it!!!!)

I doubt that I will renew my pro-service again in June. I've been with Bravenet over 6 years; one of the reasons being that we loved the format. Now that it's gone and totally messed up (as some posters are angrily saying), I might also have to move to a different host. Sad.....Because Bravenet is like a "friend". Now it's like a "stranger".

I paid for the old format; now it no longer exists. Even with DSL, this new format is way too slow.

I AGREE.....Bravenet should have this fully tested before they rolled it out....

I'm a paying customer and don't like being a "Beta tester" while paying for this. I don't think it's the right thing to do to paying customers.

Re: JUST AWFUL!! My posters hate it, too

I have some great news! Later today, after extensive testing, we are bringing back HTML and some other changes I think you guys will be very happy with.

Sorry about the preview issue. We will have that resolved shortly too!

Hurrah for HTML! Glad to see that bit-by-bit you are undoing the changes.

Okay then, next question! Are you going to do anything about the fact that large piccies no longer expand the page, and so cut off the reply buttons/half the posts? This has effectively locked a fair proportion of threads.

Allowing expandable tables worked brilliantly for the 2 forums I run and one I post on, and anything that made the page bigger than was acceptable to users (which I assume was what you counted as 'breaking the forum') could be easily deleted by an admin. Sometimes you just want a large picture and are happy to live with the way it makes the page look!

Re: I AGREE.....Bravenet should have this fully tested before they rolled it out....

RAINBOW
I'm a paying customer and don't like being a "Beta tester" while paying for this. I don't think it's the right thing to do to paying customers.

P.S. I want to lend my support to that - if you are going to beta test, do it on non-paying customers!

P.P.S. I'm sorry I got so irate yesterday, don't mean to take it out on you customer service people but I'm sure you understand as we are not just complaining customers, we have members complaining to us about it too. And as much as I bet you were tearing your hair out and wanting to scream or cry, so was I! And I'm not getting paid for this - in fact I'm paying for the privilege! But hey, it is only a forum, nobody died. And I appreciate everything you are trying to do to fix this mess.

I guess we can live with the bb code instead of html.
I think it will be easier once we all learn it and get used to it.
But I hate the look of it. Couldn't you have made your buttons with an invisible background or something?
My page border is messed up too so it ruined the look of Our Garden Forum.
I hope you can fix these things on your end because I put a lot of time into creating the graphics for our forum and I do not have time to fix it up now that you decided to make these changes. We have been paying customers for many many years. I always liked the Bravenet Forum because it was easy quick and clean. Your changes slowed the board down too. We are disappointed overall.

Previewing a post and then posting it from thre "preview" position, just loses most of the post, if not all.

The "edit or delete" option of your own posts has not only expanded to 1 hour (don't see the point of it being so long) but also clecking "edit" just shows "page loading" for forever and a day. I tried "editing" one of my posts on here - this message board - last night, and had exactly the same problem. I let it run for nearly 5 mins before I gave up. The problem continues today.

So so pleased that html is coming back, but agree with Claire about losing the "reply" box if the picture is too big, is a complete pain.

Re: Problems with Safari

Courtnie from Bravenet
John Myers

Do you know what version of Safari? I am currently posting from Safari 3.2.1 with no problems. If you could find out what version your posters are using that would help us to resolve the issue.

I don't happen to know which versions of Safari are causing problems. And honestly Bravenet, I SHOULDN'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS! As software developers you should test your product on multiple platforms, browsers, etc. before going live with it.

I used to use my Bravenet message board to host dialogue about my community. Now I find myself using it to troubleshoot your product... You should be paying me!

PLEASE FIX THIS SITUATION!

Tim from Bravenet
Those of you who are over 10,000 posts please open a support ticket so we can address this matter. Thanks.

Tim

Wouldn't it be great if that link were clickable? Don't you know how to use BBCode?

Re: Feedback so far

OK... here is my feed back as to some of the problems I am having so far....

1. Re: re: re: re etc still going on.
2. Posts not going in correct time order when using ‘quote’ (Fixed now THANKS!)
3. Can’t change the time on the clock… it’s 3 hours fast.
4. How do you post an avatar?
5. Do you have to give the avatar address everytime you make a post or can you ‘fix’ it?
6. How do you get rid of ‘view unanswered posts’ ? I really can’t see the point of that!
7. How do you get rid of the ‘Website’ link at the bottom of each post?
8. How do you post videos/clips from you tube?
9. No time given on ‘last post’ on index page.

My forum....
http://pub16.bravenet.com/forum/1327410864/#bn-forum-1-1-1327410864/36

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

Sorry, but the new format sucks. Doesn't work on iPhone. No time/date stamp so we can't see what's been updated recently versus what hasn't. Right margins often cut off. No HTML. Please at least give admins the option to switch back to the old format! It wasn't perfect, but it wasn't nearly this bad.

Safari Support - Help Please!

Problems with Safari

Hello Bravenet.

Among the many problems my users are having is an inability to use the board at all with older versions of Safari. I can not tell my users to upgrade their browsers. So, I am counting on you to make sure the message board works with older versions of Safari.

One specific version in particular that is causing problems is Safari 2.0.4 (419.3).

Thanks for your prompt attention.

Tim From Bravenet
I have some great news! Later today, after extensive testing, we are bringing back HTML and some other changes I think you guys will be very happy with.

Sorry about the preview issue. We will have that resolved shortly too!

Good!!! Please keep us updated!

Bravenet,

Users of my message board are discussing the problems they're having with the new format on a couple of threads.

I'd appreciate it if you could join the conversation since you are the ones who started it. Thanks.

Here are the threads:

http://pub50.bravenet.com/forum/4226496069/#bn-forum-1-1-4226496069/12/674679/show

AND

http://pub50.bravenet.com/forum/4226496069/#bn-forum-1-1-4226496069/12/674577/show

My forum is totally cut off on the right hand side!!! Also my headline now placed on the right hand side of the page and the words are totally cut off!!! Is this a glitch thats being worked out?????

Jan
My forum is totally cut off on the right hand side!!! Also my headline now placed on the right hand side of the page and the words are totally cut off!!! Is this a glitch thats being worked out?????

You'll need to login and adjust your Forum width and it should be fine.

Kirsten
Previewing a post and then posting it from thre "preview" position, just loses most of the post, if not all.

I can post long pieces provided each line is not over about 60 characters long. It seems long lines of text aren't automatically wrapping.

http://pub18.bravenet.com/forum/1532829525#bn-forum-1-1-1532829525/36

Tim from Bravenet
Lakki,

What is the website address of your forum? What browser are you using? I tested a password protected forum and only had to enter a password once.

Tim

Tim, could you please have someone email me at grannyklorissa@yahoo.com

I will give you the URL of my passcoded forum and you will see that you have to enter the password twice. On my other Bravenet passcoded forum, I only have to enter the password once. I have a photo of myself on the cover page of the forum so I obviously don't want to post the link to my forum here for all to see. I have opened a support ticket but haven't heard anything.

Also, can you tell me WHERE I now go in the admin features to re-set my passcode? Maybe that would do the trick. Thanks, Tim. ~ Lakki

Lakki, I sent you an e-mail. Also, we just put up a change which should address people's forums getting cut off.

Tim

Tim from Bravenet

Tim

So tell us how much our we, with popular websites, going to have to pay additional to have the ability to go above 10,000 posts within our currently paid Forums? We are well over that right now at over 77,000.

Tell me, if I wouldn't have emailed Bravenet to notify them that we are over 10,000 as they had requested us to do, would they have even known? I seriously doubt that.

How much more is this so called NEW PACKAGED FORUM going to cost us if we so shall decide to stay aboard with Bravenet after this fiasco that is currently going on and has the entire Bravenet nation in anger???

Robert
So tell us how much our we, with popular websites, going to have to pay additional to have the ability to go above 10,000 posts within our currently paid Forums? We are well over that right now at over 77,000.

Tell me, if I wouldn't have emailed Bravenet to notify them that we are over 10,000 as they had requested us to do, would they have even known? I seriously doubt that.

How much more is this so called NEW PACKAGED FORUM going to cost us if we so shall decide to stay aboard with Bravenet after this fiasco that is currently going on and has the entire Bravenet nation in anger???

We are still working out pricing details and package levels. I should have more information for you guys soon. We noticed that a few of our users were over 10,000 posts that's why we made it so it would remove the oldest posts to make room for the newest posts. We didn't want Pro users forums to stop working. Please open a support ticket so we have your information on file. Thanks.

Tim

We added a new board style called "Classic Board". It resembles the old looking forum. We have made it by default go back to this style for existing users. You can change it at any time in your Forum manager.

Tim

Tim From Bravenet
We added a new board style called "Classic Board". It resembles the old looking forum. We have made it by default go back to this style for existing users. You can change it at any time in your Forum manager.

Tim

Could you be more specific about how to turn on "Classic Board" ?? I can't find anything under my Forum Manager that mentions "classic board."

I found the "classic" board option, but it's exactly the same as the "modern" option...the pictures of the two are identical even.

To find it: Go to the "Edit Page" option, then "Layout"

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10