This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: HTML support is now enabled! Thanks...............but...........

I still don't like the way it loads (Shockwave). I can't access my forum from PCs that block this or don't have it by choice. PLEASE....Go back to the old way of loading the forums.

Re: HTML support is now enabled!

Tim From Bravenet
HTML support is now enabled in Forums! You can use it simultaneously along with BB Code. By default it is turned on, and you can turn it on/off from within your Forum settings.

Also, Avatar URLs will stay saved now so you don't need to keep re-typing them.

Tim

GREAT news! Thanks!!

Hi Bravenet Team.
Can you tell me why, (I have pro hosting) when I added a guest book to my website, embeded on its own page, the url looks something like:

http://mywebsite name/guestbook

And yet when I embed the new forum on its own page the url looks like:

http://www.mywebsitename/forum#mybreavnetaccountnumber.
Thanks in advance.
Mags

Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

Courtnie from Bravenet
Well... This is it! A BRAND NEW Embeddable message forum! You are using it now. What do you think?

Comments, Suggestions, Improvements? Let's hear it!

It would seem that Bravenet have still failed to address the issue of read and unread posts being the same colour in threaded mode. I know Bravenet are aware of this issue - can you give it some priority.

Mags

And yet when I embed the new forum on its own page the url looks like:
http://www.mywebsitename/forum#mybreavnetaccountnumber.
Thanks in advance.
Mags

It has to do with the paging and navigation of the forum. It also allows bookmarking and indexing for search engines.

It would seem that Bravenet have still failed to address the issue of read and unread posts being the same colour in threaded mode. I know Bravenet are aware of this issue - can you give it some priority.

We are working on that as well. Some browsers keep the visited links and some do not, so we are looking at it and will have a solution.

It has to do with the paging and navigation of the forum. It also allows bookmarking and indexing for search engines.

Ok Dave. Fair enough. Thanks for doing such great work on the new forum.
Mags.

Thanks for fixing the Avatar Problem...it was Greatly appreciate......

I would like to know if there is any way to change the Edit buttom back to the Original 10mins...I personally think 60 mins to Edit a post is way too much Time.... I was wondering if there anyway the amount of time to edit post can be left at Moderator discretion?? thank you

Juny
I would like to know if there is any way to change the Edit buttom back to the Original 10mins...I personally think 60 mins to Edit a post is way too much Time.... I was wondering if there anyway the amount of time to edit post can be left at Moderator discretion?? thank you

I will see what we can do.

Tim

Yo Tim my man. What's the max size that an avatar will accept. I know it will resize it but what is the max. Another thing, even though it resizes a avatar there still remains lots of empty space underneath the avatar.

As you can see my Homer Simpson avatar has empty space underneath it. Is that being worked on as well.

Robert
Yo Tim my man. What's the max size that an avatar will accept. I know it will resize it but what is the max. Another thing, even though it resizes a avatar there still remains lots of empty space underneath the avatar.

As you can see my Homer Simpson avatar has empty space underneath it. Is that being worked on as well.

Hey Robert,

I will have to check into this and get back to you.

Happy Easter everyone! :)

Tim

Tim,

Thank you for keeping up with the replies. We are dealing with the changes.

Good things:

- I LIKE the longer edit time - I wish it was even longer because sometimes I forget things I wanted to say and it's easier than cluttering with a new post. I'm not sure why a person wouldn't like that.

- The bb code menu is pretty slick. That might help those who never knew html very well. But thanks for html's return. (Sort of return.)

- Thanks for the time AND date on posts!

- The link to user's posts is useful by clicking on user's name.

Bad things:

- Html blockquote isn't working. I do not like bb quoting because it italicizes the text and those silly blue icons for numbers show up. Does anyone use those bulbous blue number icons? Consider getting rid of them.

- When I went to post I forgot to write something in the subject line, hit my back button and the post was wiped out. That didn't use to happen. Folks, don't forget your subject line!

- People still shut out because of flash player. Still annoying loading.

- Placing an image from my Photo Center in a post is being constricted (cutting off sides) no matter how I adjust pixels of board. Didn't happen before. It is not always easy to resize without ruining the clarity of the photo. I don't think board pixel size is the issue, but the way you've blocked the post body. ?

Neutral:

- Fonts are sharper with FireFox rather than Internet Explorer, if anyone cares.

- I've never understood why when you click on a smiley icon at the end of a sentence it throws it down to the very bottom of the post.

- I don't understand why when you reply in a thread that after you post it throws you into the first post of that thread rather than the index/whole board.

Thanks & Happy Easter.

Re: Stuff

It's still painfully slow to load and I've had some dial up users who have just given up trying to use it.

Is the speed going to increase or is this it at the maximum it can be?

If the latter then I might have to look elsewhere depending on how many users are affected.

People are still unable to access on certain work computers as well due to the flash/java issues.

Tim From Bravenet
Robert

Hey Robert,

I will have to check into this and get back to you.

Happy Easter everyone! :)

Tim

So apparently there is no maximum size. The avatar is set to show with a constrained width of 100 pixels. That way the height is always relative. I believe the white space is intentional.

Tim

grendel

- Html blockquote isn't working. I do not like bb quoting because it italicizes the text and those silly blue icons for numbers show up. Does anyone use those bulbous blue number icons? Consider getting rid of them.

- When I went to post I forgot to write something in the subject line, hit my back button and the post was wiped out. That didn't use to happen. Folks, don't forget your subject line!

- People still shut out because of flash player. Still annoying loading.

- Placing an image from my Photo Center in a post is being constricted (cutting off sides) no matter how I adjust pixels of board. Didn't happen before. It is not always easy to resize without ruining the clarity of the photo. I don't think board pixel size is the issue, but the way you've blocked the post body. ?

Neutral:

- Fonts are sharper with FireFox rather than Internet Explorer, if anyone cares.

- I've never understood why when you click on a smiley icon at the end of a sentence it throws it down to the very bottom of the post.

- I don't understand why when you reply in a thread that after you post it throws you into the first post of that thread rather than the index/whole board.

Thanks & Happy Easter.

Grendel,

Can you please open a support ticket so we can get your issues addressed asap.

http://support.bravenet.com

Thanks,
Tim

Michael
It's still painfully slow to load and I've had some dial up users who have just given up trying to use it.

Is the speed going to increase or is this it at the maximum it can be?

If the latter then I might have to look elsewhere depending on how many users are affected.

People are still unable to access on certain work computers as well due to the flash/java issues.

Hi Michael,

We've already done a number of optimizations on it and we are going to be doing further profiling on it this coming week to see if we can speed it up even further.

We are also seeing what we can do about the Flash concerns people have.

Tim

Quick update:

We added in owner delete functionality on the messages view of both threaded and board styles (while logged in).

For those having problems with the message icon not appearing on posts after making changes that has been fixed as well.

We are still working around the clock to bring you new features and bug fixes.

Thanks for your continued patience and understanding!

Tim

Re: Moderator privileges

We are going to be looking at adding user registrations in the future. This will allow you to have moderators with special access privileges.

Tim

Hi Tim.
For me at least, this additional feature will be the icing on the cake.

Just to clarify, will this feature be added in the next few days/weeks, or are we looking at a longer period of time.
Thanks in advance.
Happy Easter to you and all at Bravenet.
Mags.

Mags
Just to clarify, will this feature be added in the next few days/weeks, or are we looking at a longer period of time.

It's going to be at least a few weeks, we have lots of other stuff we need to get done first.

Tim

It's going to be at least a few weeks, we have lots of other stuff we need to get done first.

Tim

Fair enough Tim. thanks for responding to my question.

Kind Regards.
Mags

Forum size

Would be great if one could set the forum size in % instead of pixels, like before. It looks kinda ridiculous for surfers with a high screen resolution since one has to consider those with a low screen resolution when you decided the setting (max 800).

Tim From Bravenet
We added a new board style called "Classic Board". It resembles the old looking forum. We have made it by default go back to this style for existing users. You can change it at any time in your Forum manager.

Tim

Tim, I've gone into Forum Manager and can't find the option for the Classic Board. Have you removed this new option already?

Also, I STILL have no color-changes for unread/read posts and no time of day on the posts. Also, my custom-made background, which has muted words on it, is now all screwed up and parts of the words are missing. When will things start to improve?

Lakki

Lakki
Tim From Bravenet
We added a new board style called "Classic Board". It resembles the old looking forum. We have made it by default go back to this style for existing users. You can change it at any time in your Forum manager.

Tim

Tim, I've gone into Forum Manager and can't find the option for the Classic Board. Have you removed this new option already?

Also, I STILL have no color-changes for unread/read posts and no time of day on the posts. Also, my custom-made background, which has muted words on it, is now all screwed up and parts of the words are missing. When will things start to improve?

Lakki

"Classic Board" is not under Forum Manager. Try "Edit Page" then "Layout" tab. I suspect you can have "Classic Board" or "Modern Board" under any of the forum themes but I am not going to try it - my users have had enough disruption.

With regard to time, you can now have elapsed, time and date or date only. "General settings" then "display" tab.

However, like you, I still have no change of colour for read posts.

It would seem that configuration of number of items displayed on the screen has changed within the last few hours - I have had a couple of complaints from users that my board is only displaying 10 items instead of 100.

Also, I note that "Forum Access settings" have been introduced.

Is there anywhere that Bravenet is documenting these changes or do we have to wait until our users tell us?

Regards

Allan

Regards

Allan

Lakki

Lakki

The option is still there. Things are constantly improving. We are going through our to-do list. It's going to be atleast a few more days before we get the read/unread thing working again under all browsers.

Please open a support ticket, or append to your existing one, so we can address your specific issues. Thanks!

Quick update: This morning we added in the ability to customize the amount of entries that show up per page for both Board and Threaded Styles independently. By default for both it just uses what you had Max Entries set at previously, but you can adjust it accordingly (Free max 50, and Pro max 250). You can find that option in General Settings under the General tab.

The Forum Access Settings have been there since launch. They mirror what the old Forum offered.

I am posting changes in here as I become aware of them and we will also be sending out a Members Update newsletter which will have further details.

Tim

Can someone please tell me why i got 10 pages of post....when my thread is set to 250 a page and i only have 236 Post???? please help me...

Juny
Can someone please tell me why i got 10 pages of post....when my thread is set to 250 a page and i only have 236 Post???? please help me...

The changes we made earlier today defaulted it to 10 posts per page for both Board and Threaded Styles. However, for both styles we have now made it use what you had it set to previously.

Tim

Okay, you can now configure whether or not the Forum will display the post author below each topic on the board style main page. This setting is under General Settings --> Display.

Tim

My forum's posts are down about 50% because of the new changes.

1) Most of the complaints center around shockwave or flash or whatever. The issue there is the increased time it takes to load. Can anything be done about that?

2) The other issue is the visted links, people want to be able to keep track of posts they've already read on threads views. Can that be fixed, so it was like before?

Smaller issues:
Then the posted pics are truncated, can that be fixed?

I also like user registration so vandals can be locked out.

Sorry, but this message was emailed to me because the person was unable to do it themselves:

I am unable to open a support ticket. The spam graphic appears as a broken image so I cannot submit my question. My counters suddenly stopped working. I made new ones and they appear broken. I have tried 5 different browsers: Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and Maxthon. Do you know why suddenly the spam graphic on the support ticket and my counters don't show up? Thanks in advance. Feel free to email me.

This is from a Randy Scutt whose email is rscutt@gmail.com.

MJ
1) Most of the complaints center around shockwave or flash or whatever. The issue there is the increased time it takes to load. Can anything be done about that?

2) The other issue is the visted links, people want to be able to keep track of posts they've already read on threads views. Can that be fixed, so it was like before?

Smaller issues:
Then the posted pics are truncated, can that be fixed?

I also like user registration so vandals can be locked out.

1) We are already working to address this issue.

2) We've almost got this working again. Shouldn't be too much longer.

I'll check into the posted picture problem. Offering user registrations is something we are also working on as well.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10