This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

Dont like new board and dont like guys like Doug who gives smart a** Comments to women like Rose McCurdy wish i was is BOSS cause he would be JOBLESS.. Wonder how Doug would like that for a change.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

BRAVENET, please repair this mess.

1) We have NO button to click to post new posts

2) We have NO BOX to enter our PASSWORD

3) Our color scheme is STILL gone

4) Takes TOO LONG to load this "NEW FORMAT"

5) We have been flooded witth COMPLAINTS from our visitors

What a mess!

Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

I love change that is for the better, but you should fire anyone who thinks this new format is better. The time to load, hard to read, total waste of time. I will discontinue visiting the forums like so many if you do not reverse the change or tune it bact to the previous functionality.

I like changes, but not when they make a mess of everything!!! Have been a Bravenet customer for ten years, and many changes that have been made are an improvement, this(these) isn’t at all. People can’t read/post from mobile phones, people on dial-up can’t read as it takes too long to load, and people on slower (usual) Broadband have to spend longer waiting for things to load. The type is smaller and too centrailisd (playing to see if that can be changed?) and makes long messages really hard to read as they go down in a long column. Plus you can’t paste from Word as it turns all the punctuation into extra characters and letters (maybe like this will do?) And quite frequently it appears your whole message is there in preview but when you post it half of it disappears???
Hope you get it sorted out better, it’s rather a big mess so far it seems….

As a user of this forum I find the new format slow and clunky to use and the threads more difficult to read.

If I was running a forum on my site I would have found an alternative service provider by now.

Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

Michael

- I have now viewed my forum on 2 different computers. The thread colours are different on each one. On my laptop they are how they are meant to be. On my PC they are white.

- On the computer there is no post a new thread link. There is on my laptop. This explains how many of my users have been unable to post new topics today. I thought they just couldn't see what to press. They couldn't. It's not there.

Michael -

What browser and version are you using on your PC? Also what operating system? And can I please have the URL to the forum you are having troubles with. This will help me to duplicate the issue and get it resolved. Thank you.

I like change but when it takes this long to load when you open it when you click on a post when you post when you all i am doing is waiting and it bores me to death this was a dumb move and will no longer visit a bravenet forum if this continues looks like someone needs to be fired there are plenty jobless that could come up with a better way like the leave it alone way. I hope to check the board I use later today and if it is not changed I am sure it will be changed to another service because me and many others will stop visiting it other wise.

The hits to our site have been cut in half,that ought to show you that the new setup is not working.Please change it back to the way it was,my dad always said "never fix anything that isnt broken".
www.foxbeagle.net
www.foxbaykennels.foxbeagle.net

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

On my job computer, it just says ... Uh.. didn't make a note... "Your computer is not compatible with this forum" (or something). Seems I need to install this and that to visit the forum. It is hard enough to get the people who are authorized do install programs to come for things that are actually jobrelated.

On this computer, a lot of time is spent on "loading, please wait", and that is with about the fastest connection you can get if you are not running a server yourself.

On the positive side, maybe this can help me stop wasting so much time here.

End of message, just going to test html and the bb stuff.

bolded text

testing
[hr]

My home computer refuses to load the new adobe flash player. This upgrade has cut me off from several boards which I have enjoyed.

Oh, and while we're at it, as the page is no longer expandable to fit content (i.e. a large picture), the right hand side of threads are completely cut off, including the reply button, thus effectively locking the thread! Not helpful!

I'm assuming the logic behind this was the same as that behind the decision of removing HTML, which was that people were 'breaking' the site by posting things. But should that not be up to the forum owner to decide whether or not to disable HTML, if they feel people using it is a problem???

I LOVED THE OLD STYLE. I had taught hundreds of people how to use html and we were all having fun with it. Now we have to start over or find a new forum. You are forcing me to look elsewhere. There was nothing wrong with the old style!! Why did you change it!

I have other sites and can set up a forum in a heartbeat but I chose bravenet because of its simplicity. You are forcing me to find a new host!! Please don't do that!!!!!!

Need help finding a new forum host!

Does anyone know a company which has a style similar to Bravenet that uses html! I liked the simplicity of the old Bravenet but they appear unwilling to return to the old style. Please email me at normanalderman@yahoo.com! Of you may post on my bravenet forum etater.com.

I LOVED THE OLD STYLE. I had taught hundreds of people how to use html and we were all having fun with it. Now we have to start over or find a new forum. You are forcing me to look elsewhere. There was nothing wrong with the old style!! Why did you change it!

I have other sites and can set up a forum in a heartbeat but I chose bravenet because of its simplicity. You are forcing me to find a new host!! Please don't do that!!!!!!

Bravenet,
Looks like you have 2 or 3 people out of thousands that like it. Maybe you should hire Victor to be in customer service. He likes it so much it sounds like he's married to the CEO's daughter. I could go on with the problems but I think you get the picture. Change is good when it benefits the majority of the people but it looks like there are alot of unforseen problems. The speed, format, options have definitely been downgraded.

Liar

this Forum change looks luike somathing from the third grade Obama administration. Change for the worse!

I've had to open a support ticket as I'm having endless problems now and I don't appreciate waking up and having to wade through emails from disgruntled users (as my website and forum operate in a different time zone).

I see the Re re re issu has been sorted. Well done.

I'd be interested to see how many other users forums have these problems because I'm not happy with my initial ticket response:

- The "start a new thread" link is not visible on many computers and it seems to be mainly XP ones. It is blank but you can click on the area to start one

- The colour of my threads is different on two different computers

- I'm having users who can't access on their work computers due to a java problems. I'm assuming it's because they need to download the latest flash but they can't on their work computers and nor should they have to

- Blackberry and mobile phone users now can't use the forum

My website has 6-800 individual visitors a day. Many use the forum but the viewing numbers have clearly decreased in the last 2 days.

I worked in a software roll out to hundreds of offices 2 years ago and we delayed the roll out because the product wasn't ready. This should not have been rolled out without it working. It should not be getting fixed once live.

This is totally unacceptable.

We are still working on fixing issues as we come across them. We're making good progress and will continue to improve the new forum based on your feedback. Please open a support ticket if you are still having problems - http://support.bravenet.com

Thanks,
Tim

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

Maria
there's NO button! It is not there! There's nothing there that reads "Start a New Thread"!

Maria

Noticed that in Firefox I can see the Start Net Thread but in Explorer it is not visible (not even on this particular forum). Hoping that Bravenet will fix this issue asap..

Re: Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

Victor...

I LOVE IT TOO!

I wish they would allow more BBCode tags. I'm seeing that youtube and color tags don't appear to be in the inventory. Would like to see which tags are supported.

Posting photos is still possible using the img tag. If older posts are not grandfathered, then they can write a script to read and convert HTML to BBCode. In fact there are freeware scripts out there to do just that.

Re: Re: Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

Just a quick note to thank you for the excellent Forum revisions, and to ask if you have a detailed list of acceptable BBCode tags that we can have for our users. Thanks.

R

P.S. I saw the HELP partial list... hope there are more?!

Why does it not matter to ya'll that people DON'T LIKE IT. I have asked for my money back on the message board and I think if everyone else requests their money back and we all find a new service.. maybe Bravenet will rethink the old versus the new. Why change something that was so good and easy for all to use. The board now looks HORRIBLE, is HORRIBLE to read and use and peops that used their phones to view the message boards no longer can do that. All ya'll keep saying is we are working on it... why didn't you have it all figured out BEFORE you posted the new board and given the buyers a chance to vote on what they wanted BEFORE you just stuck it to us?????

PLEASE, Bravenet, LISTEN to your customers and change things back!

WHY, Bravenet, are you not listening to the majority of your customers? You are banging your heads against a wall by trying to ''improve'' this awful mess you have created. SO many people love using html, and the ability to use html is why we have come to Bravenet in the first place. The threaded-format version of the boards is now a total disaster. There is only ONE person out there who seems to like the new version -- doesn't that speak volumes? I have four message boards with you, and was getting ready to upgrade to the paid version on each and every one of them. NOW, I will not touch the paid version with a ten-foot pole. If you don't put things back the way they were, I'll be looking elsewhere for my forums.

All of my posters are extremely upset by this change and are so frustrated that they have lost interest in posting -- after doing so for years and years!!

Have you never heard the expression ''If it ain't broke, don't fix it''?

As for html ''breaking'' a board, that is totally ridiculous. Those who claim that html ''broke'' their boards could always have disabled the html option. I have used html boards for nine years now (previous to Bravenet, I had boards with Hotboards who went out of business) and never ONCE had a ''broken'' board or any bad html issues. NOW, because a few board owners had problems with html (kind of makes me wonder just what kind of stuff THEY were allowing on their boards, LOL) Bravenet has effectively ''punished'' the majority of board-users who have sailed through YEARS of enjoying Bravenet's board without a single problem! The only complaint I ever received from a member was that she couldn't amend her posts, but it was no big deal because she always made a point of previewing them.

Not EVERYONE wants change. Not when it sucks, and NOT when 99 percent of your customers HATE it.

Nuff said.

Mankie

Re: WHY IS BRAVENET NOT LISTENING??

TIM....As a representative of Bravenet, why are you not listening to the desires and demands of the people that use the boards on a daily basis.
As an administrator on one of the sites....which averages over 8000+ messages and posts each month; and well over 250,000 hits a month; I can't believe that Bravenet will not acknowledge nor pay attention to the fact that this new format is horrible. I doubt that you can ever get it to load as fast, nor operate as fast, blackberry & cell phone users can no longer access the site. You have a DISASTER on your hands!! At least acknowledge it; or acknowledge to those posting & inquiring that you DO have a solution to allow the sites to load fast & will be cell phone/blackberry compatible!!
Do you not read nor comprehend what your users are saying to you. Or does Bravenet just not give a **** about its' customers. It's your way or the highway!!
As soon as we get another site set up....it's the Highway for us; and Bravenet can go straight to HELL and maybe bankruptcy...like so many other companies that fail to listen to what the people demand!!
ALLAN BISHOP

I am FURIOUS here!

I am so upset I am literally shaking. I opened a Support Ticket with Bravenet yesterday regarding this HORRIBLE change they have made to their message forums. While I was at it, in looking at my account profile, I noticed that when I signed up for my Bravenet forum several years ago I used a different email address than the one I currently use. So, I went into my account profile and amended my old email address to the current email address. And GUESS WHAT?!!!! NOW, after using my email address for the last three years safely and without even one single email from some spammer-pervert trying to sell me erection-enhancing drugs or the like, my SPAM-inbox is now INUNDATED with filthy emails from various spammers peddling their drugs. MY!! WHAT A COINCIDENCE!!! Isn't it odd that on the very same DAY I entered my current email address with Bravenet's records that I'm now getting filthy SPAM and I've never had ONE filthy email in three whole years?!

This whole situation is a total disgrace. When I opened my support ticket yesterday, I had to ask the same question in four different trys before I got an answer from ''Doug''. When he finally DID give me an answer, he implied I was being repetitive by asking the question so many times (why didn't he just answer it in the FIRST place?!). Ms. McCurdy, I know just how you feel.

Tim and Courtnie sound like very nice people, but someone needs to bring this collective unhappiness of the majority of Bravenet customers to the attention of whomever is running the company.

The boards are a mess, those of us who enjoy using html are heartsick, my board members are begging me to find an alternative to Bravenet -- and worst of all, I'm worried about my email security.

WHY, WHY, WHY?!

Re: the problems...

In agreement: The main reason the message board that we use(d) is that everyone (mostly in their late 70s and mid 80s) wanted to learn to use HTML language, in addition to posting items regarding genealogy (the reason for the board's existence).

Yes... persons of a more mature age do have problems adapting, but I'm not going to throw them out due to a series of poor judgments (not having a working message board before foisting upon members).

I used to be a paying customer but after an exchange with a person on bravenet's technical advice, in which he/she removed my message from the actual message board assigned to our web site, I let my paying membership lapse. (Get the picture?)

We're listening. Here is what we are working on fixing:

- Increasing the overall speed of the forum.
- Problem with using quotes in messages.
- Problems with pagination (adding it to the top of forums, etc)
- We're looking into a way of adding HTML back in a fashion that it won't cause forums to break. We are also working on creating BB Code help files and a better method to edit posts.
- We're looking into making a mobile version of our forum for iPhone and Blackberry users.
- Adding in international language support and making all text customizable.
- Making it optionally show date & time beside threads.
- Making posts accurately display when they are stickied and locked in all views.

and much more.. stay tuned!

Tim

I agree with those who have posted about the mess which this new message forum has created.

Please at the very least, give us a choice of using the old or new.
I do not understand the purpose of the change and lack of advance notice.
The only good thing I see is an expansion of the number of messages allowed.

Problems:
1. SLOW: I have not even been able to reply to messages, or to provide feedback. At one point, I left my computer for two hours, and when I returned, the little ball was still spinning, indicating the message had not been posted. In fact, I have a feeling that when I click "Post Message" here, the same thing will result.
2. ISP numbers are visible to all. I think they should be visible only to the administrator of the forum.
3. CONFUSING: I have received tons of complaints that people are having a lot of difficulty navigating.

In short, whoever told you this would be a good idea, is sadly mistaken.

Tim, can you explain the ''breaking forums'', please?

As someone who has administered message forums for nearly a decade now (altogether I have had a total of 14 different boards), I have never ONCE had an issue with HTML ''breaking'' a board.

Do you mind me asking: How many of your customers have had a board ''break'' because of HTML? Do their numbers outweigh the numbers of unhappy people you see here today? I somehow doubt it.

I created my Bravenet board because of two very important factors: HTML and the thread-style format, both of which are extremely important factors to each and every one of my posters. I have posters from the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia. They ALL want HTML and the thread-style format.

PLEASE consider giving those of us who want the old format the option of having it. If you MUST have boards with a BB format, then perhaps you could have your programmers divide the two types of boards into two options for your customers so that all of us who want HTML can have it without being penalized because a few board-owners either abused it or didn't understand it. I'm sure you'll find that if you allow that option, the majority of the board-owners will go right back to your former format. There are many things we can do with HTML that we can't do with BB, and this is devastating news to me and to all my posters. By the time you make all these improvements to the new system, many of us will have given up in frustration.

Respectfully,

Susan

Debby -

IP address:
Click General Settings on the Left
Click the Display tab at the top

3rd option says 'DIsplay Poster IPs?'
You can select yes or no

When browsing your own forum you will always see the IP addresses, but no one else will unless you enable that option.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10