This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

New message forum is nice but difficult to manage. I have professional edition and can't add user name and passwords???? Where???Old board it was easy.It is there somewhere i am sure. Help??

Re: We added a new board style called

Tim From Bravenet
Donna

Thanks Tim, but I've really got to wonder what the point would be - at this point. After reading through almost all the messages already posted, I've discovered that the "Classic Board" isn't the old board - it's just a left-aligned instead of center-aligned "New" board that still NO ONE likes.

With SO MANY UNHAPPY and TOTALLY FRUSTRATED CLIENTS trying to make it clear that they want things to return to the way they were or Bravenet will face losing MANY clients ... and THAT particular sentiment seems to have been completely ignored and/or overlooked with the continued request to "open a support ticket."

Frankly Tim, I don't need that kind of "support". I need the kind of support that says, "We're SO sorry for mistakenly thinking that the new board would've been well received and enjoyed. Since so many aren't happy with the new "service", we're now offering everyone a choice between the old board and the new style. Which would you prefer?"

I haven't seen or heard that kind of support yet ... which leads me to the conclusion - as some noted earlier - that Bravenet DOES NOT INTEND to give us a choice in boards. Our choise is we either like (and lump) what they're now offering or we're free to find another service provider.

Apparently being reimbursed for our remaining time (6 months, in my case) is not a support option of Bravenet either.

Gotta wonder just how many of us will be leaving and how it will affect Bravenet financially ... not that they care, apparently.

Thanks again Tim for all the help that you try to provide. If you aren't responsible for this fiasco, there's no point in being upset with you. I appreciate being allowed to rant, even if it is spitting into the wind, it would seem.

Donna

(BTW - I include my email with each post and I click on the "Notify me by email when someone replies to this message" but I've not yet got a notification via email of your reply to me. Dang, yet another BUG to work out! LOL)

Hi again Donna,

We are listening to the the constructive criticism and working around the clock to make the new forum better. I never said a partial refund would be out of the question, just that we'd like to try and help you with your issues in support. We'll be waiting should you change your mind.

Tim

PS The "Notify me by email when someone replies to this message" seems to be working okay for me. Maybe it ended up in your junk folder?

Yes Tim, I can see that you're listening to the constructive criticism about technical issues that need to be solved ... but very little else is being addressed: specifically the total dislike for the new version that has been dumped on us all - without warning or even asking if we - who are PAYing for the service - might even want to just TRY it first.

In reading your last few replies to others and myself, I'm beginning to believe that the ones who've created this mess also includes you.

The techincal issues, glitches, and bugs are being worked on and some are happy about those changes/updates but the overwhelming cry from folks who do NOT like the service, even with all the updates and fixes, seems to continue to be ignored and/or overlooked.

... we'd like to try and help you with your issues in support. We'll be waiting should you change your mind.

Great. Thank you for the offer for technical support but I am not wanting technical support or help with MY issue. MY issue is total dislike for the current version of the board; it is the position of folks in my community who can no longer access the board to communicate issues of concern in our community (and it's a geographical community, not an internet community-only) - and they even have new and/or updated computers that don't work with Bravenet's "new version".

I don't want to open a support ticket for something I don't want to use. I'm not going to change my mind. How can it be made any clearer than that? I learned early in life that the simpler things in Life are far better than whatever NEW and/or Improved "thing" that comes down the pike. I've never been one to try and keep up with the "Jones'" either. Those are mottos I live by more than they're just words to be spouting.

You can continue to work around the clock to fix things and you will make some clients happy but I am one client who is not happy and will not be happy until the board is back to the simpler version that I deliberately selected and PAID FOR.

IF that is NOT an option that Bravenet's willing to even consider, I would like to know now and save myself the aggravation of continuing to wait to find out about it at some point. IF it IS an option that Bravenet IS considering, it would be nice to know about now before I start shopping around for another site.

Again, thank you for your time and attention to this most distressful and distasteful issue that's affecting so many of us. I sincerely hope it's not as a friend has suggested:

Maybe Bravenet should change their name to Crapnet. Seems that's what they've been serving you, Donna.
(Feel free to pass this message along to them.)

Donna

OH! I did get an email from Bravenet last night around 10:30PM - not long after posting to you here - about the new services they're offering - which I've made clear I don't want. Nothing goes to my junk mail unless I purposely send it there before downloading the email I DO want. I get to see and read (if I so choose) all the spam and junk mail but I don't have to download it and can "bounce" it back to where it came from.

Anyway ... hanging in long enough to know what Bravenet might do (or not) about bringing back the old version of the boards before deciding my next move ............ *sighing .. *

Joseph cerone
New message forum is nice but difficult to manage. I have professional edition and can't add user name and passwords???? Where???Old board it was easy.It is there somewhere i am sure. Help??

You can password protect your forum by logging into your Bravenet account, clicking on Message Forum, followed by 'Forum Manager' twice and then the pencil icon. The old forum didn't offer the ability to have user registrations and neither does this one yet although it is something we are going to be adding in the future.

Tim

WEll....who ever said if it Aint broke dont fix it..knew what they were talking about....

OK...now the new way to Delete thread and post is really not that good... I have no problem with the new way if im deleting a whole Thread at once...that seems to work fine....but if im deleting post..it doesnt seem like a good idea..to be force to delete post one by one and for the flash to reload each time you delete one...it took me **** near 10 minutes to delete 20 post....where the old fashion way use to allow you to check all 20 post and click delete once and you could had been done under 5 mins.....

Seriously is there any reason you guys insist on making this Forum slow instead of faster......and is there any progress on the iphone and blackerry version???? cause im losing a Number of members a day!!!!! GRRRRRR!!!

Juny
WEll....who ever said if it Aint broke dont fix it..knew what they were talking about....

OK...now the new way to Delete thread and post is really not that good... I have no problem with the new way if im deleting a whole Thread at once...that seems to work fine....but if im deleting post..it doesnt seem like a good idea..to be force to delete post one by one and for the flash to reload each time you delete one...it took me **** near 10 minutes to delete 20 post....where the old fashion way use to allow you to check all 20 post and click delete once and you could had been done under 5 mins.....

Seriously is there any reason you guys insist on making this Forum slow instead of faster......and is there any progress on the iphone and blackerry version???? cause im losing a Number of members a day!!!!! GRRRRRR!!!

Try pressing CTRL-F5 to force a browser refresh. You should be seeing checkboxes unless you are running IE6. IE6 has to use a different delete method temporarily due to a browser bug. If you are using IE6 we strongly recommend you upgrade to at least IE7.

We made a change yesterday on Bravenet which should have sped up the forum a little more, and we will be doing more optimizations shortly.

We are still working on the Blackberry/iPhone solution. There are many different ways to go about fixing the issue and we want to make sure we do it right.

Tim

This new service stinks (so far). I never had so many problems and complaints from people who post on my board over the many years I had it. I'm actually losing members now. Today nobody can even log in.

this new forum really bites. Why fix something that was never broke?????

Browser: Firefox

Tim From Bravenet
Joseph cerone

You can password protect your forum by logging into your Bravenet account, clicking on Message Forum, followed by 'Forum Manager' twice and then the pencil icon. The old forum didn't offer the ability to have user registrations and neither does this one yet although it is something we are going to be adding in the future.

Tim

Password protect default can not be saved after changing to "Open to Public". Default was changed last night sometime from "Open to Public" to "No Access without password" without my knowledge! I did NOT make that change.

Karen

Karen
Password protect default can not be saved after changing to "Open to Public". Default was changed last night sometime from "Open to Public" to "No Access without password" without my knowledge! I did NOT make that change.

Karen

We found and fixed the issue.

Tim

Tim From Bravenet

It's exactly like the old forum where visited links are stored in the browser and the browser has no idea whether a new reply was added. The functionality is no different than it was with the previous version.

On a side note, we are going to be adding some new features that will help in viewing new posts.

Also, you can change the Visited Link Style to match your Link Style to avoid the multi-colors. Updated threads move to the top of your forum.

Tim

PS This was indeed tested.

Yes I know updated threads move to the start of the forum but what is the point in adding things that are half cocked?

By that I mean, you have threads that change colour, but only once. Once a new post is made to a thread surely it should change back to the unread colour? If not what is the point in having the different colour options in the first place?

Same with the "new" icon, which I like. But why does this not appear again once a new post has been made to the thread.

I don't see the point in adding what you've added if you're not going to go the full way with it.

It just makes your whole forum look very amateurish.

Tim From Bravenet

You should be seeing checkboxes unless you are running IE6. IE6 has to use a different delete method temporarily due to a browser bug. If you are using IE6 we strongly recommend you upgrade to at least IE7.

When people are paying for a product they shouldn't have to update ANYTHING on their PC to get the same service.

The same goes for my forum users.

Why should they have to upgrade to get things to work?

Here are some of the latest problems my users are having:

- In IE6 the threads do not show up in different colours

- A number of users still cannot access my forum at work due to the flash/java issues which they cannot update or change on their work computers. They had no such problems before

- I have had users who cannot view the forum using AOL and Google Chrome. All they get is my black background and no posts

- The speed is still a major issue. It takes ages to load up for me and high speed internet. My users on lower speed and dial up are giving up till the speed increases. I have seen no visible sign that the speed is faster after any fixes you have put in. I hjust changed my interent provider yesterday to another that provides even faster than what I had and it's still as slow for me

Are these known issues? Are other people having these problems or should I be opening another support ticket?

Michael
Yes I know updated threads move to the start of the forum but what is the point in adding things that are half cocked?

By that I mean, you have threads that change colour, but only once. Once a new post is made to a thread surely it should change back to the unread colour? If not what is the point in having the different colour options in the first place?

Same with the "new" icon, which I like. But why does this not appear again once a new post has been made to the thread.

I don't see the point in adding what you've added if you're not going to go the full way with it.

It just makes your whole forum look very amateurish.

Hi again Michael,

We appreciate your feedback. We are exploring options to get the 'new' icon possibly reintroduced when a reply occurs. In terms of the color, it is not technically an unread color, it is meant to be a visited link color.

Tim

Re: I don't even feel like posting on my forum anymore..................

A TON of people wanted the pointer to go back to the main post rather than the main forum/index? Did you take a vote on this? I sure wasn't included.

The posts on my forum have slowed down to a "snail's crawl". I lost some posters already. Not sure if they will ever come back. How could Bravenet do such a thing? Is this the way that Bravenet will operate from now on? I think that this move on Bravenet's part really destroyed a lot of trust.

Now the forum seems even slower. Whatever was done a couple days ago didn't make it faster for me. I am getting so impatient with this slowness....and now having to deal with it taking twice as long to get back to the index. I know my posters are unhappy, too. In fact, many of them are posting at the Network 54 forums more often now and seldom come to mine anymore.

I think Bravenet should at least bring the old forum back until changes are TESTED and perfected.

Re: I don't even feel like posting on my forum anymore..................

RAINBOW
A TON of people wanted the pointer to go back to the main post rather than the main forum/index? Did you take a vote on this? I sure wasn't included.

The posts on my forum have slowed down to a "snail's crawl". I lost some posters already. Not sure if they will ever come back. How could Bravenet do such a thing? Is this the way that Bravenet will operate from now on? I think that this move on Bravenet's part really destroyed a lot of trust.

Now the forum seems even slower. Whatever was done a couple days ago didn't make it faster for me. I am getting so impatient with this slowness....and now having to deal with it taking twice as long to get back to the index. I know my posters are unhappy, too. In fact, many of them are posting at the Network 54 forums more often now and seldom come to mine anymore.

I think Bravenet should at least bring the old forum back until changes are TESTED and perfected.

Hi Rainbow,

We understand your concerns and are hopeful that the new HTML version of the forum will address the majority of them.

Tim

Re: I LOVE IT

Bravenet as I stated before, when these new changes took place for the very first time, I LOVED IT! I feel for those who are having difficulties, stressing, frustrated through this entire process or as I like to call it transition of growth with slight sacrifice.

Though I agree with many that the Flash takes a while to load and I know it is affecting hundreds of my website visitors but I have faith that Bravenet is working to resolve that annoying LOADING, PLEASE WAIT message.

I have patience though I cannot say the same for some of my staff and visitors but I know all will be fine soon, and if those visitors that I'm losing during this transition do not ever come back when all BUGS are ironed out by Bravenet then those visitors were not really loyal visitors to begin with. I will only have to work harder to get those unloyal visitors back some how. It will be challenging but I know I can do it.

Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated. I like the Category feature and I would like to use it but is there any way to grab topics and relocate them into another Category? The reason I ask is that during the old Bravenet forum we accumulated thousands of Topics over the years and I would like to relocate several of those topics into another Category which can be created for those specific Topics. Is that possible?

Victor
I like the Category feature and I would like to use it but is there any way to grab topics and relocate them into another Category? The reason I ask is that during the old Bravenet forum we accumulated thousands of Topics over the years and I would like to relocate several of those topics into another Category which can be created for those specific Topics. Is that possible?

Hi Victor,

While we don't have that functionality right now, we will look at the possibility of adding it in the future.

Right now our top priority is to get the HTML version of the forum completed which should solve a lot of reported issues.

Tim

Anyone's assistance would be greatly appreciated.

How in the world do you place page # links at the top of the Forum like this Bravenet Forum has? We have the page # links at the bottom of our Forum but not at the top. We would like the page # links at top as well as at the bottom.

These things here:
«« « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next » »»

Victor
Anyone's assistance would be greatly appreciated.

How in the world do you place page # links at the top of the Forum like this Bravenet Forum has? We have the page # links at the bottom of our Forum but not at the top. We would like the page # links at top as well as at the bottom.

Hi Victor,

They only show up at the top if you are using the Modern Board style. I can look into getting them added to Classic Board style as well.

Tim

Super! We have not changed board styles and in the beginning when we began to see features added we actually had the page # links at the top as well as the bottom. But now those page # links are gone.

I would appreciate those page # links on the classic board, as you call it.

Thanks
Victor

Re: I'm with the majority.....hate it

Tim From Bravenet

Right now our top priority is to get the HTML version of the forum completed which should solve a lot of reported issues.

Tim

Errrr...WHAT? The HTML version that you had before was terrific! Just use that. I don't understand why you would have to code another one.

Also, please include the function to go back to the MAIN FORUM after replying to a post. What is the sense of going back to the original post???? I already read it!

RAINBOW
Errrr...WHAT? The HTML version that you had before was terrific! Just use that. I don't understand why you would have to code another one.

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as that. We have to make it support the new features the embeddable forum offers (multiple forums, categories, etc).

Tim

I take it that's the HTML version of the forum launched and that's why the "loading" bit has disappeared

If so excellent news but it's still really slow for me. When you click the "index" at the bottom of the thread I find myself clicking it a couple of times as it's not an instantaneous return and it feels like it hasn't worked.

Would also be nice to be informed of what changes are made instead of finding out live and receiving emails from Bravenet days later.

I do appreciate the work you are doing though.

Have a couple of little glitches still with my forum (apart from the slowness).

Some threads will not change colour once read.

Why does the forum name not always appear in the tabs on the bottom taskbar. Sometimes it says the forum name other times just #bn-forum-etc ?

Michael
I take it that's the HTML version of the forum launched and that's why the "loading" bit has disappeared

If so excellent news but it's still really slow for me. When you click the "index" at the bottom of the thread I find myself clicking it a couple of times as it's not an instantaneous return and it feels like it hasn't worked.

Would also be nice to be informed of what changes are made instead of finding out live and receiving emails from Bravenet days later.

I do appreciate the work you are doing though.

Have a couple of little glitches still with my forum (apart from the slowness).

Some threads will not change colour once read.

Why does the forum name not always appear in the tabs on the bottom taskbar. Sometimes it says the forum name other times just #bn-forum-etc ?

Yes, the HTML version just went live a couple minutes ago. I was just about to post about it.

It's significantly faster in our tests, and works fine under iPhone and Blackberry's now.

There are some minor differences between the remote (HTML) and embedded versions but we tried to make them look and act the same as close as possible.

We will look into the issues you are having.

Which browser are you using when you notice that threads aren't changing colors?

Tim

Seems quicker now, so well done on the change

Do you know if this will this work on all mobile phones or just Iphones and Blackberry?

Tim From Bravenet

We will look into the issues you are having.

Which browser are you using when you notice that threads aren't changing colors?

Tim

IE6 on a XP PC and IE7 on a Vista Laptop

It's just the odd post and when it happens it doesn't change on either computer. Very strange!

Michael
Do you know if this will this work on all mobile phones or just Iphones and Blackberry?

It should work all on the mobile devices that our old HTML one did.

Tim

Is there any way to change the text from START A NEW POST to START A NEW TOPIC?

Has the issue of pictures being chopped off been remedied?

Thanks Bravenet, especially you Tim for being there for us paying Bravenet customers. I really appreciate it very much and god bless you and Bravenet for all that you do and all that you have tolerated.

Communication is the only way to make things better such as business relations between business and their customers as well as creating a fantastic service and or product. COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY TO ALL ENDEAVORS.

Victor
Is there any way to change the text from START A NEW POST to START A NEW TOPIC?

Has the issue of pictures being chopped off been remedied?

Hi again Victor,

There isn't a way to change the text at this time. However, we are going to look into making all text customizable down the road.

As far as I know the picture issue has been resolved. If not, please open a support ticket at http://support.bravenet.com so we can get that looked at for you. Thanks!

Tim

lookin' good

So nice to have the old smilies back, thanks!

Browser: Safari

Suddenly Can't start a new post/topic!

Yesterday the "start a new post" was working. Now it doesn't.

What's going on?? I'm trying to use this as a promotional tool, and it is simply making me look stupid.

Browser: Safari/firefox/IE

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10