>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Problems with Safari

Bravenet,

I am a pro (paying) customer of many years with almost 50,000 posts on my message board. I depend on the message board for part of my income. My users are very angry.

Among the many problems my users are experiencing:

- With Safari (browser used by most Mac users) people can not post or read. As soon as they click on a thread they are directed back to the message board index.

- iPhone does not support FLASH!!!!! My iPhone users can no longer use my message board!!!

- No HTML!?!?! I've spent years coaching users on how to use HTML to post links, pics. Now I have to reeducate them on BBCode? Please allow HTML

Launching this new software before testing it completely was a huge mistake. Please fix this asap or you've lost a customer.

Re: the problems...

Tim from Bravenet
We're listening. Here is what we are working on fixing:

- Increasing the overall speed of the forum.
- Problem with using quotes in messages.
- Problems with pagination (adding it to the top of forums, etc)
- We're looking into a way of adding HTML back in a fashion that it won't cause forums to break. We are also working on creating BB Code help files and a better method to edit posts.
- We're looking into making a mobile version of our forum for iPhone and Blackberry users.
- Adding in international language support and making all text customizable.
- Making it optionally show date & time beside threads.
- Making posts accurately display when they are stickied and locked in all views.

and much more.. stay tuned!

Tim

Excellent news and hopefully it will come quick enough to prevent me having to change forums.

I like a lot of the new features as I've already said and if you can achieve all of the above then I'll be very pleased with the whole thing and more than haooy to stay as a Bravenet paying customer.

I still feel you shouldn't have rolled this out before these features were in place.

For those complaining about the small text size, remember you can change the font size to however big you want it.

Re: Problems with Safari

And now it's all shifted to one side on the index page! I am ready to throw my laptop at the wall I am so frustrated!!! I do not pay for this kind of stress!!! *breathe, breathe*

Tim, I appreciate you are trying to fix certain things, but why break it in the first place!? I cannot believe an upgrade with this many bugs was unleashed on paying customers. It is beyond a joke.

John Myers

- With Safari (browser used by most Mac users) people can not post or read. As soon as they click on a thread they are directed back to the message board index.

Do you know what version of Safari? I am currently posting from Safari 3.2.1 with no problems. If you could find out what version your posters are using that would help us to resolve the issue.

As far as your other concerns, they were addressed in TIm's post.
We are working on a safe HTML solution as well as a mobile version.

Claire
And now it's all shifted to one side on the index page! I am ready to throw my laptop at the wall I am so frustrated!!! I do not pay for this kind of stress!!! *breathe, breathe*

Tim, I appreciate you are trying to fix certain things, but why break it in the first place!? I cannot believe an upgrade with this many bugs was unleashed on paying customers. It is beyond a joke.

Same here Claire... mine is all one-sided too!!
Bravenet... you are driving me to DRINK to calm my nerves!!!

Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

Brand-new usually doesn't mean STINKS, but this surely does!

Courtnie, can you answer this question I asked of Tim? Please help!!

Susan Adams
As someone who has administered message forums for nearly a decade now (altogether I have had a total of 14 different boards), I have never ONCE had an issue with HTML ''breaking'' a board.

Do you mind me asking: How many of your customers have had a board ''break'' because of HTML? Do their numbers outweigh the numbers of unhappy people you see here today? I somehow doubt it.

I created my Bravenet board because of two very important factors: HTML and the thread-style format, both of which are extremely important factors to each and every one of my posters. I have posters from the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Australia. They ALL want HTML and the thread-style format.

PLEASE consider giving those of us who want the old format the option of having it. If you MUST have boards with a BB format, then perhaps you could have your programmers divide the two types of boards into two options for your customers so that all of us who want HTML can have it without being penalized because a few board-owners either abused it or didn't understand it. I'm sure you'll find that if you allow that option, the majority of the board-owners will go right back to your former format. There are many things we can do with HTML that we can't do with BB, and this is devastating news to me and to all my posters. By the time you make all these improvements to the new system, many of us will have given up in frustration.

Respectfully,

Susan

Courtnie, so many of us are heartsick over this. Wouldn't it just be easier to put things back to the way they were? People are upset enough these days with the economy and don't have the PATIENCE to spend hours on the computer learning a whole new ''forum language''. They'll find other outlets for entertainment rather than dealing with this frustration and won't wait around! Please explain about the ''broken'' boards due to HTML -- it just makes no sense! HTML has never broken a forum of mine, and I've had fourteen of them over the years! ~ Susan

this sucks i love to read speeddogs and know i can not even injoy it

Tim from Bravenet
We're listening. Here is what we are working on fixing:

- We're looking into making a mobile version of our forum for iPhone and Blackberry users.

and much more.. stay tuned!

Tim

Tim,
Thank you for your efforts. I know that firefighting is never an easy job.

Would it be possible to look at mobile versions on other phones too please? Browsers like Opera Mini can't use it either as the phone's OS doesn't support flash

Could you not run the two formats side by side for a bit?? Fewer people compliment than complain, but that way you could see how things go??

Personally I am one of those people who doesn't like change... but that was one of the points of our community!

Kind regards
Claire

Just done only a half lengthy post, previewed it before posting, then posted it and only 2 lines of it have appeared!
Gone into the edit thread option within 10 minutes to see if the full message is maybe there to edit, and for the last 5 minutes, that page had been loading......
Plus, if you have old photos that are too big, or if you post a new photo that is too big, the boxes "reply" and "quote" disappear and you are unable to add any more posts to that thread.

THIS NEW BOARD SUCKS. THIS MORNING THINGS WERE NOT EVEN TO WHERE YOU COULD SEE THEM NOW THINGS HAVE MOVED, HAVE TO READ THE WHOLE POST AND REPLYS TO SEE IF ANYONE HAS ADDED ANYTHING. CHANGE IT BACK, YOU ALL MADE A VERY BAD JUDGEMENT CALL IN YOUR MEETING.

This sucks, used to love reading and repling on it the other way but not like this, sure hope that speeddogs and masters.net find another board and dump this mess.

Bravenet,
FYI, I do not like the new format. This is much slower than the old and seems to be a down grade from what we had before. This is my opinion and the opinion of many others that I have spoken to. My vote is to change back to the old format. It was near perfect!
Thanks

this new board sucks cant pull it up on my blackberry just shows blank screen

Courtnie from Bravenet
John Myers

Courtnie, our world is becoming more mobile every day. Don't you think Bravenet should have gotten the mobile version up and running before launching this new version.

Bravenet has made a grave error here. I loved your service yesterday, but today I find myself looking for another service provider... One that will communicate with me BEFORE pulling the rug out from under my online forum.

My anger and frustration is not about not liking change. Change is good if it is done responsibly.

Surely Bravenet recognizes that going live with this new message board software before it's ready for prime time was a really bad decision. Please Bravenet, do the right thing: Revert back to the old software until you can work out the bugs in the new version. Maybe you can run them side by side and give users a choice of which version to use? You better do something before you loose all of your paying customers.

Re: Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

grendel

And yes, the red "new" buttons are really annoying. It would be nice to have the date AND time back on the post headers.

That is configurable. There are several icon sets.

Courtnie from Bravenet
John Myers

Do you know what version of Safari? I am currently posting from Safari 3.2.1 with no problems. If you could find out what version your posters are using that would help us to resolve the issue.

As far as your other concerns, they were addressed in TIm's post.

I'm using Safari 3.2.1 (on a PBG4) with no problems also.

Tim, would your "safe" HTML allow us to embed YouTube videos?

Not working for many users... blank screen only. Don't know what browsers they are using but not supporting whatever changes you made. Blank screen on my blackberry as well. Please help ASAP!

Re: Need help finding a new forum host!

We will get it fixed up. Hang in there.
Dave - Bravenet

Re: PLEASE, Bravenet, LISTEN to your customers and change things back!

We'll get it fixed up - hang in there.
Dave - Bravenet

Re: WHY IS BRAVENET NOT LISTENING??

Allan, we are listening. Hang in there, we'll get it all sorted.
Dave - Bravenet

Re: I am FURIOUS here!

Hi Susan,
Your email wasn't "leaked". Bravenet does no such thing.
Dave - Bravenet

Bob, we'll get it all sorted for you.
Dave - Bravenet

Hi John,

Safari should be ok, please let us know if you still see Safari issues.

Iphone and wireless devices - agreed, we didn't think of that and are coming up with a solution.

HTML - we are looking seriously at getting it back but we can't have bad people ruin forums - but we are on it.

Doing our best,
Dave - Bravenet

Brandi
Not working for many users... blank screen only. Don't know what browsers they are using but not supporting whatever changes you made. Blank screen on my blackberry as well. Please help ASAP!

We are trying to support as many browser versions as we can. We will work on a mobile version of the service as well.

Tim

Re: Re: Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

Tim From Bravenet
grendel

Now I'm very concerned about the number of posts allowed since this is why I kept this forum. Are you going to grandfather old subscribers posts or are you going to wipe out years of our stuff? Hundreds of essays and articles just ~poof~? I'd rather pay more to keep them all since it is a history of our community.

We never changed any limits for free or Pro users.

Tim, thanks for replying. I was referring to what it says in the FAQs from the Adminstrator page: free forums have 5,000 posts allowable, paying ones 10,000. I've had more than 10,000 posts for over two years. (Before many went back to 2004 but Bravenet had a glitch and wiped some out). So my concern is my 19,000 posts going back to 2005.

- I have been through the whole manager and can not get rid of those red

BIG complaint on my board.. Other than no one knowing what the heck BBCode is ...

Is.. they type big long messages.. and mess something up, go back to edit it and ITS ALL GONE!!

And if they put in html by minstake , then go and try to fix it when tey hit perview. ALL THAT THEY TYPED IS ALL GONE!!!!!!

I got ALOT of members.. 1800+ .. that are ****** at ME and this is not MY DOING!

I want the option, as a PAYING MEMBER, to use the old message board !!!! Give us the option !!!!!

Just LOOK at how many people are reading this posting!! Dosen't that tell you that something is VERY WRONG HERE!!

This is juts so frustrating

I have people now leaving my board and not posting because of these changed.. Don't you see the can of worms that was opened with this and see that people and thier websites, and some peoples businesses are getting hurt here by members leaving and not posting????????

Can I purchase a copy of the old forum and just load it to my server or something?????????????? Because this is just bad !

Tim From Bravenet
grendel

Now I'm very concerned about the number of posts allowed since this is why I kept this forum. Are you going to grandfather old subscribers posts or are you going to wipe out years of our stuff? Hundreds of essays and articles just ~poof~? I'd rather pay more to keep them all since it is a history of our community.

We never changed any limits for free or Pro users.

Tim, thanks for replying. I was referring to what it says in the FAQs from the Adminstrator page: free forums have 5,000 posts allowable, paying ones 10,000. I've had more than 10,000 posts for over two years. (Before many went back to 2004 but Bravenet had a glitch and wiped some out). So my concern is my 19,000 posts going back to 2005.

- I have been through the whole manager and can not get rid of those red "New" buttons.

- In the manager where you choose board styles, it still has the pictures of the old styles. I don't see why we can't choose to have the style we had with the tabs at the top and why we can't choose to get rid of all those lines and boxes. It is very generic looking, like typical boards.

- When I post to a thread it brings me back to the first post of the thread, that is, it's contents rather than just the the whole board. It never did that before.

- I also have a red X box in my posts for the gif that is actually the background:

- Having the time and date in the post subject lines like it was will be nice.

- I have no problem posting large images from my Photo Center or changing the pixels and font sizes. Read threads are still not turning white though (or whatever visited post color one chooses).

- It would be nice to have html back. Every blog I post on uses html. It's schizophrenic remembering both.

Yes Yes! Posts !!!!!!!! Here is mine :

Storage Used:
11519 of 10000 Posts

So what does that mean ?? Will it start killing my old posts now too ???????????

I am over???? Wasn't it double this before??????? What the heck is going to go on with the posts that I am ALREADY over for this new form??????????

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10