This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

Attention Bravenet:

I hate the new board. It is not very user friendly. I really hate your employee doug for the way he responded to Mrs. McCurdy. All she asked for was an honest answer and "Doug" wanted to act like a complete jack--s.

Someone like that doesn't deserve a job at Bravenet

cody adams
fastbreakkennels@hotmail.com
252-531-6964

Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

TAKES MUCH LONGER TO LOAD PAGE NOW...SUCKS

This new look really is bad I can't even make a new post. Please change it back.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

Maria
Courtnie from Bravenet
To post a new thread:
be on your index page and click 'start a new thread' top left, under the index link.

I can now post a new thread by clicking under the word "INDEX". However, there still is no wording there (visible) that says "Start a New Tread" or anything like that. It's just blanc space.

Thank you.

Maria

I guess I must be confused here. If we as the consumer are paying for a provided service where do the HELP from BRAVENET get off being so rude in there comments! This new method is very slow with no way to go back to where you were without starting over from the beginning.

If this is the way this is going to be then there must be some other provider to provide the service not only to which we pay for but to at least be respectfull in dealing with there customers. Afterall without paying members they would not have a business!

This new board is very slow the pages take too long to load.Change it back it sucks!!!

This was on another board.. just thought I would share:

Why not just switch over to vbulletin. Its used by many other types of forums and easy to use. You can buy your own domain name from several different sites like godaddy.com then your able to host the forums from there.

Just a thought.

Victor MUST work for Bravenet! He is the only one that likes it. Vitor said "Change is allways good. "
This is what happens when you try to educate someone beyond there intelligence.........I could only hope that someone loses there job over this.

Re: Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

I am in agreement with everyone on this subject. THIS STYLE STINKS. Small type, hard to use, and slow. Please go back to the old style. And Victor, not all change is good. Ever heard if it aint broke don't fix it. Just look at all the negitive comments. They speak loud and clear. Tony

At this Point..I dont think bravenet is going to do anything to change this back to the old version that must of us love and was comfortable using... Im gonna spend tomorrow searching for a new provider, if anybody else have already done this research and found anything worthy of our money..please let me know...it will be Greatly appreciate..

this new board is junk. please return it to the way it was. why does it take so long to load every time you go back. i'll just not use any bravenet products if this is the way you do business.

Browser: jennifer.buck21@yahoo.com,3

PUT IT BACK NOW

Despite my complaints before I'd just like to point out that I don't dislike all the changes. Some of them are excellent (the quote, search, edit options) and long overdue.

I'm also pleased to note that some things have now been changed since my earlier post - the positioning of my pic and introductory text and the "return to website" coming back. So well done on fixing those.

Still big problems though. I'm assuming that the techs are working on it as we speak as things to be changing all the time.

- I know how to work BB code but a lot of my readers don't and it's going to be a pain trying to educate them. That shouldn't be my job to do all of a sudden. HTML is a much easier option.

- A new post/thread button on all threads would be easier than returning to the Index all the time. Not the end of the world but would allow for better navigation.

- The "new" icons won't disappear on read posts. Neither will they change colour.

- I have now viewed my forum on 2 different computers. The thread colours are different on each one. On my laptop they are how they are meant to be. On my PC they are white.

- On the computer there is no post a new thread link. There is on my laptop. This explains how many of my users have been unable to post new topics today. I thought they just couldn't see what to press. They couldn't. It's not there.

- The slowness is still a HUGE problem

This is totally unacceptable. Are we going to be financially compensated for the inconvenience, time spent resolving issues and lack of a provided service that we are paying for?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

the new speeddogs sux the old one was perfect!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

Nothing and noone is perfect so there is no such thing as "if it is not broken don't fix it". Everyone is broken in some way in their life, noone is perfect. Everything is broken in some way, nothing is perfect, all gadgets and gizmos have defects in some form or fashion, whether large or small in scale.

I personally love the change Bravenet has made. It has been long overdue which I have been waiting for well over 2 1/5 years. Though I agree some Forum features do need some tweaking but I'm positive the good folks at Bravenet will get it tweaked/resolved for the time being until things get changed again in the future.

In life we grow, in life we change, deal with it and grow and change with it.

"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream."

Dear Rose McCurdy (and other Bravenet Forum owners),

Hi, my name is Tim and I am the Director of Customer Support here at Bravenet. I apologize for Doug's reply as it was inappropriate and I will have a word with him.

We do appreciate your feedback and we are working around the clock to rectify all the reported issues. You will see things improve in the next few days. If you are still having problems, and your issue hasn't been mentioned here already, I strongly recommend you open a support ticket at http://support.bravenet.com so we can get it dealt with.

We will be sending out a notice to all Forum owners about all the changes and new features shortly. We do hope you check out some of the great new features the new Message Forum has to offer including the ability to create multiple forums and categories all under one account.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this transition period.

Best Regards,

Tim from Bravenet

I like html and wish you'd at least leave the option open for its use at the forums, but I am familiar with bb code so it's really not that big of a deal for me. Can someone tell me how to post a link to another URL on the web using bb code? I think we need one of those little menu's that offer help with the bb code like other message forums use if you want us to use bb code.

I DO REALLY APPRECIATE the fact that all the previous posts still have their html tags working, pics and all. Thank you for that!

Is it true that YouTube's can't be embedded now? THAT is something you guys will need to fix. Embedded YouTube videos are a must.

I like the edit option! :)

I think I may actually like this layout better once a few of the bugs are worked out.

Billy
Victor MUST work for Bravenet! He is the only one that likes it. Vitor said "Change is allways good. "
This is what happens when you try to educate someone beyond there intelligence.........I could only hope that someone loses there job over this.

Intelligent and educated people, who care to advance themselves, accept change and all the challenges that comes with it.

Try to remember when you first attempted to create your website for the very first time. When you first attempted to create your first link for the very first time. That was change and you accepted the challenge and succeeded.

I have been with Bravenet for well over 5 years as a paying customer, never a freeloader. I'm willing to bet that Bravenet rolled this NEW FORUM format out by surprise with intentions of getting all of our responses, sort of a BETA TEST. They put out something new and we help them out by stating what is occurring or what issues we are experiencing in order for them to make it function properly and efficiently for all to continue to enjoy.

Complaining about the change does not help the situation. Post your issues but also post your ideas as to what you think would make the Forum much better for you as well as for your users. Keep in mind and understand that Bravenet has made the change and is moving forward with it. I seriously doubt they will reverse the changes after spending so much energy, time and revenue on the changes.

God Bless
Victor

TIm: It is about time someone from Bravenet responded to Mrs McCurdy! To have someone respond like that to a customer is unexcusable! Doug should be discharged immediately!
Thousands of posters and users DESPISE this new format!
It is totally slow,even on high speed connections.
Every feature is SLOW!!
When people are paying for a service...give it to them; not some junk!
Bravenet will lose many customers as a result of this ridiculous change!!
A sorry excuse for a message board!!

ALLAN BISHOP

With all due respect, this new format is terrible. I feel like I'm back in 1995 when the internet was in its infancy. This is a step in the wrong direction. I urge you to change things back to the way they were. This is a step...no 5 steps backwards.

It is growing more clear that Bravenet did not realize the full ramifications of what their programers have wroght.

There is (obviously) somewhat of a learning curve for all...

I'm still going to give Bravenet some time before adopting a new message or bulletin board provider.

My statement does not intend that I agree with everything that has occurred today. I used to program for "Prodigy" and I know that no one can (or should) anticipate what may happen when they adopt a new format.

(tisk, tisk, tisk)

Tim From Bravenet
We will be sending out a notice to all Forum owners about all the changes and new features shortly. We do hope you check out some of the great new features the new Message Forum has to offer including the ability to create multiple forums and categories all under one account.

Tim, do you really think this is something most forum users want or need? We've had our forum for five years now (plus the Photo Center) and our little community has no desire for this. I've wanted nothing but a permanent edit function (not 10 minutes). Everything else was fine. Now I'm very concerned about the number of posts allowed since this is why I kept this forum. Are you going to grandfather old subscribers posts or are you going to wipe out years of our stuff? Hundreds of essays and articles just ~poof~? I'd rather pay more to keep them all since it is a history of our community.

And yes, the red "new" buttons are really annoying. It would be nice to have the date AND time back on the post headers.

It also would have been nicer if Bravenet had notified us prior to this change that people's forums would suddenly look and work differently. It is us who are using them - it's not like going to a news site and seeing a design change. People take their little communities seriously and personally. It was like walking into your house and seeing that someone rearranged all your furniture...and not everything was a good move.

Re: Re: Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

grendel

Now I'm very concerned about the number of posts allowed since this is why I kept this forum. Are you going to grandfather old subscribers posts or are you going to wipe out years of our stuff? Hundreds of essays and articles just ~poof~? I'd rather pay more to keep them all since it is a history of our community.

We never changed any limits for free or Pro users.

I'm a pro customer since years back, and this is not good. Our site visitors are complaining, especially those with a slow connection. We should have gotten some kind of warning before this huge change. What's is more important, this is NOT what I payed for!

After a looong time of trying to fix the layout, we're still not happy. The forum loads SLOW, you cannot see which posts you have read since the links don't change color to "visited links" colors.

Complaints are no only negative though, some of the new features are awesome, like posters can edit their posts within 10 minutes, etc. But the negative is sadly taking over the positive... The worst is the slow loading. Couldn't you have upgraded with new features without adding this "loading forum" stuff that takes forever?

Would have been good if your customers had been given the option to CHOOSE between the old style and this new invention.

We want our old form back and will not renew your forum service if this stays. Sorry.

Susanne
The worst is the slow loading. Couldn't you have upgraded with new features without adding this "loading forum" stuff that takes forever?

We are currently looking into ways to speed up the new forum. Stay tuned.

Tim From Bravenet
We will be sending out a notice to all Forum owners about all the changes and new features shortly.

Apart from the technical issues, this is my major gripe about this whole debarcle. I understand how much of a nightmare this must be for you, Tim, after all Customer Services did not create this situation. But who in their infinite wisdom thought it better to inform their members of a complete change to the way their forums were run AFTER the event? I would find this ridiculous on a free service, but this is paid for hosting. If I'd known this would be the attitude I'd have picked a free provider that at least gave you fair warning of changes.

Currently I'm stuck with some members that can't see the boards at all, many that can view it can't post new threads, most members that can getting highly frustrated at their posts' order being completely messed up, getting incredibly confused by the new timestamping format, and having no distinction in colours between read and unread posts. What kind of service is that?

If they'd told us about the changes beforehand - a couple of weeks would have been nice - we could have created a sticky thread informing our members of what will be going on and not to panic, taught them bb code, planned for how to use the new features (some of which may be useful, once I figure out how to get the basic functions back, well, functional). Therefore we'd get less complaints, as would you.

Oh, and you do not test something (especially something with this many major bugs) on paying customers. It should have been trialed with volunteers, before giving fair notice of mass rollout. Please change back until you have fixed it - or at the very least we deserve some financial compensation for a non-functional service.

Why the change? You need to listen to your customers. We are always right you know. This new format SUCKS.

New way SUCKS board is to hard to read. Need to go back to the way it was. In regards to the response to Mrs Rose McCurdy, that was totally unprofessional Doug should be reprimanded. I like change only if it is for the BETTER.

You took a very quick-to-load, very workable, very user-friendly, very mobile-phone/blackberry-compatible format....and changed it to a slow, very unworkable, mobile phone-incompatible format. Change is a good thing when it brings about improvement in product or service. This change did neither! PLEASE give us back the old format.

Don't like it, hurts my eyes and my brain!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10