This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

>
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

They are different. The classic look has

Topic, Author, Views, Replies, Last Post

which is how our old one was.

The modern look has:

Topic, Replies, Views, Last Post

It should have automatically switched to that layout if you haven't changed your defaults.

Sherry
I found the "classic" board option, but it's exactly the same as the "modern" option...the pictures of the two are identical even.

To find it: Go to the "Edit Page" option, then "Layout"

Thanks, I found it. I thought "classic" meant "the same as 2 days ago." This is still the new Flash-powered, no iPhone message board... My users are mocking me. I give up. I want my money back.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. We primarily use Threaded style, which looks now just like it has since the change (haven't changed settings, classic is chosen).

Misunderstood I guess - I thought you were talking about more than the addition of the "author" category or whatever.

John Myers
Thanks, I found it. I thought "classic" meant "the same as 2 days ago." This is still the new Flash-powered, no iPhone message board... My users are mocking me. I give up. I want my money back.

No, it just resembles the look of the old forum board style layout wise. We are still working on addressing the other issues. Please open a support ticket if you haven't already done so. Thanks.

Tim

Thank you for the email, Tim

I will continue using the URL you gave me until you can fix the problem of double-password requirements. How will I know when to go back to the former URL?

Also, can you tell me why, if the title of the post is a fairly long one, it cuts off the name of the poster who posted it? It simply runs out of room and the person's name is all cut off on the right. This is in the threaded format. Will you be fixing this issue too?

Lakki

Re: New Styles

I've been changing back and forward between the modern and classic boards and think I'll settle on the modern.

Only complaint about the modern settings is that the width of the 'post' table is too long compared to the 'last post' table.

The posters names are being cut off and replaced with dots. Often there are more or the same amount of dots that would have allowed the posters name to be displayed in full.

For example. A poster on my forum is called Liam Anderson. He is listed as Liam Anderso...

Why the dots and not his full name when there was clearly enough room? looks tacky.

Was trying to edit post but have given up as it's taking ages, so will just add a second post.

Is anyone else finding it even slower today?

As for the over 10,000 posts issue. I have over 80,000 posts and don't see why I should have ot be paying extra to keep these when they have been there for years and were part of the package before.

If anything, you should be giving us a free year's pro membership for all the time, effort and hassle you have caused us over the past few days.

Michael
Was trying to edit post but have given up as it's taking ages, so will just add a second post.

Is anyone else finding it even slower today?

As for the over 10,000 posts issue. I have over 80,000 posts and don't see why I should have ot be paying extra to keep these when they have been there for years and were part of the package before.

If anything, you should be giving us a free year's pro membership for all the time, effort and hassle you have caused us over the past few days.

We are still working on optimizing the forum. We will see what we can come up with regarding users who currently have over 10,000 posts.

Let me see if I understand Bravenet. So if OUR WEBSITE continues to grow in visitors and the amount of posts eventually grows with it as well, the Price of amounts of posts will go up on the Bravenet customer??

So you penalize those who succeeded in creating and branding a website by increasing the Forum Price because we are having just way to many visitors posting? Makes absolutely no sense to me but I'm sure it makes CENTS to Bravenets bank account.

There are many Forums out there that are FREE and offer way more features than this new Bravenet format. Many Forums out there are also in HTML format at no charge. So again why increase the Price of the amount of Posts when you upgrade to Professional. Shouldn't it be limited with no increase in rate?

We are having a hard time buying this NEW FORUM PACKAGE RATE WHICH WILL SOON ROLL OUT and cuase more headaches for paid members.

Robert
Let me see if I understand Bravenet. So if OUR WEBSITE continues to grow in visitors and the amount of posts eventually grows with it as well, the Price of amounts of posts will go up on the Bravenet customer??

So you penalize those who succeeded in creating and branding a website by increasing the Forum Price because we are having just way to many visitors posting? Makes absolutely no sense to me but I'm sure it makes CENTS to Bravenets bank account.

There are many Forums out there that are FREE and offer way more features than this new Bravenet format. Many Forums out there are also in HTML format at no charge. So again why increase the Price of the amount of Posts when you upgrade to Professional. Shouldn't it be limited with no increase in rate?

We are having a hard time buying this NEW FORUM PACKAGE RATE WHICH WILL SOON ROLL OUT and cuase more headaches for paid members.

We understand your concern. We haven't decided exactly for sure what we will do yet or when. Stay tuned.

Tim

Tim, you sound like a DARLING, but..........

PLEEEEEEEASE, can't ya hear us all BEGGING you??!!! Just put everything back the way it WAS and save your blood pressure!!!!!! We'll love you FOREVER and you'll be our hero!!!

I'm still confused as to where I'm supposed to go to view my passcoded-forum. I've now got two URL's -- and the old one still wants me to enter the password twice.

Tim, I'll bet you want to clobber the guy who dreamed up this new set-up! LOL!

Kind regards,

Lakki

What do I think?

I think Time-Warner is finished killing off AOL and has now bought out BraveNet so that it can kill another once great program as it did AOL with all the "New and Improved" Forums.

Comcast killed its Email Service with its "New and Improved" version and now with the "New and Improved" BraveNet I have to go back to a different provider that will provide what I need.

Like AOL, Comcast Email and BraveNet was fun while it lasted.

See ya

Re: Tim, you sound like a DARLING, but..........

Lakki
I'm still confused as to where I'm supposed to go to view my passcoded-forum. I've now got two URL's -- and the old one still wants me to enter the password twice.

Lakki, use the new URL I gave you to access your forum. That one will only ask for your passcode once. I will look further into why the other one isn't working for you.

Tim

Tim From Bravenet
Lakki

Lakki, use the new URL I gave you to access your forum. That one will only ask for your passcode once. I will look further into why the other one isn't working for you.

Tim

Okay, Tim, I'll do as you say. Are you SURE that by having two different URL's my forum and all the work I put into my graphics and backround won't be somehow accidentally wiped out? I hope that doesn't happen -- I spent hour setting it up.

Another question, Tim -- the Smileys that I choose when entering a post (the ones at the top of the message box and which appear to the left of the title of the post) just won't work. Are you guys working on fixing that?

Lakki

Lakki

Okay, Tim, I'll do as you say. Are you SURE that by having two different URL's my forum and all the work I put into my graphics and backround won't be somehow accidentally wiped out? I hope that doesn't happen -- I spent hour setting it up.

Another question, Tim -- the Smileys that I choose when entering a post (the ones at the top of the message box and which appear to the left of the title of the post) just won't work. Are you guys working on fixing that?

Lakki

Soon both URL's will do exactly the same thing and neither of them will mess anything up. You'll be able to use either one to access your forum.

We are working on fixing the smiley issue. Should have that fixed soon.

Tim

Re: HTML in forums

Quick update:

HTML support isn't quite ready yet unfortunately. We have to do extensive testing and make sure it doesn't break anyone's forums. We will release it as soon as we can. Sorry guys, we're going as fast as we can!

Tim

Hello Bravenet Team.
Firstly I would like to say, I actually like the new forum..thank you all for your hard work.
I am a member of another forum, which had the same problems with html, so they switched to bb code, which made it much safer, so I can see your reasoning behind the switch.

Is there any way that you could enable moderator supports, so that we could allow moderators some access privileges please.

Thanks in advance.
Mags.

Mags
Is there any way that you could enable moderator supports, so that we could allow moderators some access privileges please.

We are going to be looking at adding user registrations in the future. This will allow you to have moderators with special access privileges.

Tim

Now that sounds great. Getting users their own unique personal username and password. That I would pay an extra $1 or possibly even as high as $3 additional per year on top of the current Forum Professional upgrade annual fee.

Anyone know how I can get our Forum to LOAD just as fast as Bravenet's Demo Forum or possibly even faster? Try the link below and see just how fast this sucker loads, incredible flash loader. I want ours to load that fast or faster if possible

http://pub2.bravenet.com/forum/137405393#bn-forum-1-1-137405393/18/

Re: Re: FEEDBACK: BRAND NEW Embeddable Message Forum Service!

Courtnie from Bravenet
I am sorry Michael, I am doing what I can.

The HTML option has been removed from the forum because too many people were abusing it and breaking people's forums with it. We have switched the new message forum to use BBCode like many other forums out there are currently using.

Here are some examples of BBCodde
[b]bolded text[/b]
[i]italicized text[/i]
[u]underlined text[/u]
[url]http://example.org[/url]
[url=http://example.com]Example[/url]
[img]http://imageurl.png[/img]
[quote]quoted text[/quote]

Fair enough but why doesn't the YouTube tags work? IE.
[ youtube ]video code[ /youtube ]

Tim From Bravenet

We are going to be looking at adding user registrations in the future. This will allow you to have moderators with special access privileges.

Tim

I would hope that the addition of user registration is going to be optional.

That's the whole reason I've stayed with Bravenet for 6 years - the fact that there is no user registration.

That suits the style of the forum I run and the users that use it.

There are lots of registration required forums out there already. Surely you want to add something a little different, which I'm sure you do.

Michael
I would hope that the addition of user registration is going to be optional.

That's the whole reason I've stayed with Bravenet for 6 years - the fact that there is no user registration.

That suits the style of the forum I run and the users that use it.

There are lots of registration required forums out there already. Surely you want to add something a little different, which I'm sure you do.

Yes, it will be optional and customizable.

Tim

Wes

Fair enough but why doesn't the YouTube tags work? IE.
[ youtube ]video code[ /youtube ]

We don't have that BB Code added in yet. We are looking into adding that one though. We added a little dialog to the Start A New Thread page that shows which codes we currently support. To see it, click on "bb code allowed".

Tim

Tim..

is there anything that my users can do to keep their info in the AVATAR url stored in...where they doesnt have to keep putting it each time they are posting a message??? thank you

Juny
Tim..

is there anything that my users can do to keep their info in the AVATAR url stored in...where they doesnt have to keep putting it each time they are posting a message??? thank you

Yep... please answer this question... one of the questions I asked on page 5 of this thread.
I'm actually getting to like the new forums now most of the problems have been sorted!

Juny
Tim..

Yes, this is a known issue that we are going to have resolved shortly. The system will just start saving it automatically.

Re: Re: FEEDBACK

I like the bb code allowed menu. So far, these changes are looking pretty good. Here are a couple of questions:

1. My search attempts are hit and miss so far. One time I had to reenter the word I wanted to search 3 times before it brought up the page. Are you guys still messing around with that code or should it be working just fine by now?

2. Is there any way that you folks could make it possible for us to enter a word into the search box, and then just hit enter (if we're searching via keyword) to start a search without having to take the cursor over to the search button and clicking on it?

3. Is there any way to make the INDEX BOX at the top a bit smaller?

I hope this new system is not here to stay.I have really enjoyed the old message board in the past & I dont field trial my dogs,but enjoy reading comments from the fellow hunters.I dont know if I will keep going on this board in the future, as I really dont like it at all.I dont know why bravenet changed it to start with,was working good before.If not I hope somebody can tell me about another web site for dog hunters. Thanks anyway for the enjoyment of the past.

Re: Re: FEEDBACK

Renee
I like the bb code allowed menu. So far, these changes are looking pretty good. Here are a couple of questions:

1. My search attempts are hit and miss so far. One time I had to reenter the word I wanted to search 3 times before it brought up the page. Are you guys still messing around with that code or should it be working just fine by now?

2. Is there any way that you folks could make it possible for us to enter a word into the search box, and then just hit enter (if we're searching via keyword) to start a search without having to take the cursor over to the search button and clicking on it?

3. Is there any way to make the INDEX BOX at the top a bit smaller?

Renee,

Can you please open a support ticket so we can look into these issues further for you? Thanks.

http://support.bravenet.com

Tim

HTML support is now enabled!

HTML support is now enabled in Forums! You can use it simultaneously along with BB Code. By default it is turned on, and you can turn it on/off from within your Forum settings.

Also, Avatar URLs will stay saved now so you don't need to keep re-typing them.

Tim

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10